1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stp on Pat Patrick

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by kayo45, Dec 19, 2010.

1. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

That's why credit for breeding should always go to the owner of the dog. Mad props for doing the breeding that produced Buck but there is alot more to his career then that. What if some fur mommy got him and he never did shit. We wouldn't be talking about him right now. So props goes to STP for his breedings.

2. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Then the credit for pats success should go to the breeders of bolio or tombstone these are the dogs that made him famos
    And some of pats succes is because of stp and buck

Seeing as how stp was serious about the sport for him to say that pats % are down im inclined to belive him

3. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

So stp's most consistant produceing stud came from straight 100 percent low percentage produceing pat patrick blood lmmfao. Thank god stp jumped in and saved the patrick dogs with his genious breedings lmmfao. STP did well with buck just as manny others did well with patricks stock..This is due to patricks hard work produceing a copmetitive solid working family of bulldogs for others to use as a foundation. ...Edited to add... One would have to be blind to not see this.

david63 likes this.
  4. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I would also like to add that one of the traits that makes the bolio dogs a factor still till this day is there ability to throw a high percentage of honest dogs with botom end.

david63 likes this.
  5. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Can't argue with that but are we gonna give Carver credit for that?

6. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

No were not Wardog. You must have completely missed my post #18
    "
    I agree wardog credit for the breedings done with buck should go to STP just like the credit for breeding Buck himself should be given to Patrick. Thats why it comes off as hateing to me. Thay both are legands in the sport and deservingly so.Thay just were masters of different aspects of the same game IMO. "

7. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I dont think that anyone is taking the credit from pat its more like he was sayn that pat pat is putting out stock that is better for brood instead of the box as they were whenhe got buck I believe he said it was in the 70's

8. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I dont know where you got that frank?? pull it out youre ass? Because that shure as hell aint what was said on that video.

9. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Agreed:):D

10. Boze

Boze Top Dog

the thing is that percentages matter. it is not hating so much as an opinion. many big named kennels breed good dog because they breed a shitload of dogs, what abou the men that got it done with 10 or 15 dogs and through match quality every litter. a man like andre giroux. now i aint saying patrick is not a good breeder but a lot of dogmen do not like breeders that simply buy other peoples dogs and then breed them together and then take all the credit

11. Boze

Boze Top Dog

all he said was that the percents were down meaning that dogs like buck were not being produced by him anymore. he said that compared to his earlier breedings with bolio and tombstone and dogs directly off of the his newer breedings were not as good which is entirely true

12. drz

drz Big Dog

But who said they were 100 percent low percentage? Also this video is about Patrick's stock at the time. Not at the time he bred Buck. Not to say the dogs were high percentage when Buck was born either as that's neither here nor there. The point is PP stock at the time this was recorded was lower percentage stuff. Unless you are saying this is untrue I'm not sure what the discussion is about? It doesn't matter that PP bred Buck or that Buck was great. The discussion isn't about Buck. It's about whether or not PP stock was high percentage at the time, and it wasn't.

Also of interest is that the guy in the video did go on to buy dogs right from PP's yard. He himself said they weren't good enough. Meanwhile he ended up basing his yard on the dogs STP sold him. So is it still hate when his words proved to be wise.

It would be different if STP said he was a better breeder historically or that PP could never breed a good one but he didn't he spoke the truth for the time in question.

13. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

He spoke his opinion.
    P.S. Im a fan of youre avatar lmao

14. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

same way I see it

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Bolio and Buck dogs will never be forgettin in the game. Patrick dogs in general will never be forgettin( and Buck is a Patrick dog). So from a breeding standpoint PP is an all-time great. Few people breed a single dog that make that sort of impact and he did it with a few. Not just a single dog but a line in general. STP is an all-time great when it came to showing dogs. Best thing that ever happened for them was Buck however. That and the cross with the Yellow dogs IMO

16. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Good post agreed.

david63 likes this.
  17. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

IMO the debate about who gets the cred for Buck is pretty simple. Breeding a great dog, cred to PP. Making him a Gr. ch, cred to STP. Getting ROM, cred to STP. STP deserves more cred for him than PP does. Breeding a great dog is one thing, but making something out of him is a completly different thing. Lots of great dogs end up not having any effect on the game at all...

18. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Good post:)

19. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I think the credit goes to the breeder, though its hard to argue with what you put. Point is eventhough STP showcased him and accepted it was PP's hard work that made him. Buck was a dog from his line after generations of breeding. STP simply showed and studded PP's work. Now without STP we would've missed out on how great really was, im sure of that. Still imo cred goes to the breeder. If i buy a pup from someone who turns out nice im not gonna be like look what i did lol. I give stp cred tho, few would have had the balls to do that sandman match. Showed how great him and Buck really were

20. I read an stp interview once that said they bred Buck into the RB/j blood because there was an absence of:dogstare: bolio blood on the east coast at the time,and he still proved to be an outstanding producer. Lucky for them the cross was dynamic and there still kicking ass.I always wondered what would of happened if pat bought him back like he did with so many other dogs he bred.I'm not trying to take anything from stp there contributions go on and on,but I think pat could of done something nice breeding him back into some tight bolio tomb bitches.now as for Carver getting credit for bolio.wat if fb didn't pay the forfeit.on wat was supposed to bolios first match.he knew that he wasn't tip top and probably would have lost.I guess wat I'm trying to say is in these dogs it takes major contributions from multiple men(or women ) take one mans name out and it effects the whole game