1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

stupid question

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by lockjaw, Aug 2, 2007.

1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

ok is there such a thing as a red nose american staff?i thought they where bred so not to get red noses?i have seen stafford bull terriers in england with red noses hell of years ago.im asking because i dont know squat about american staff.s

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

AmStaffs will still occasionally throw rednose pups. Or sometimes a really washed-out blue that looks red. I don't understand it myself, but I've seen it. I think there are even rednose champions. Obviously it isn't a preferred color, but it does still pop up once in a while. Or so I've been told.

3. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

Yes there are occassionally some red nose amstaffs produced even today. currently i have a chocolate red nose and a champagne that have red noses. the preferred color for the nose is black of cousre and on the pedigrees they are not listed as red nose or even chocolate but brown instead.

Here is my male:

[​IMG]

And my female:

[​IMG]

They are both amstaff's

4. DeadEyeDick

DeadEyeDick Banned

Dont let the name fool you. The American Staffordshire terrier can come in just about any color the american pit bull terrier comes in however the standards AKC allows are different.. The Staffordshire Bull terrier is a cousin so to speak, the Am staff is from the APBT and formed in America ...