1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sulfur and/or Lime for Fleas

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Kruger&Faydor, Jun 8, 2017.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Believe it or not,I live in south bama and I haven't got bit by a mosquito in my yard yet this year.Short sleeves,shorts and flip flops and don't get bit.I don't know why,it has been really wet.Lots of rain.Ive never had a prob with them here.Its crazy to,I can go to my friends house and get bit up.

2. pitbulld0gs

pitbulld0gs Top Dog Staff Member

I'ts been a war with me and the skeeters here ever since i bought this house, all out war!

3. I've tried them in years past, they worked at first, maybe for about a month or so.. then they just seemed to kind of stop working.. Even when replaced with fresh ones.. But no I haven't tried them this year.

4. Skin so Soft works well for mosquitoes and biting flies .. just doesn't last very long :/

pitbulld0gs likes this.
  5. Yea this aint my first go round with it, but It does seem to be rougher than ones in the past. The spot I put the hydrated lime in and the dog tied there is flee free. Prior to putting down lime I had fleas jumping on my legs when I walked up. Going to try to get more and see if it helps in other spots..

bamaman likes this.
  6. Any worry about it killing trees?

7. I can turn a dog white with seven dust and put it in a crate.. and an hour later... the dog will still have fleas.. crawling around all happy like they think it snowed..

8. Will borax just kill the fleas on the dog at present when you wash him.. or will it keep them off too? And any problems with it killing trees?

9. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

It will kill fleas and other bugs on the dog but wont repel them. If its sprinkled around a area it will kill the fleas/insects in that area. Since it is a type of sodium I image in a large dose it would kill plants/trees.

10. SOULDOG

SOULDOG TEMPLE OF THE DOGS

GARLIC ;)