1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Swim keep???

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by 21 dre, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

oh no....dont wanna get cussed out by a senior citizen now do i??? lmao

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

show some respect Laced

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i cant answer that question, but i think my bike in the garage wont draw the heat that a jenny would in the back yard LOL

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

sorry lee, i gotta lotta woopins as a kid! lol

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

as did i, and it tought me some respect...especially for my elders

6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

this is interesting... do you really believe that a dog would lose just because it was fed on pro plan and the other was fed raw?

what makes a dog trotter better than a rrc mill when it comes to conditioning? also isn't that a bit moot since the gambler and his mills are from that era?

and corn flakes for fiber? which dogman were advocating its use in a keep as a great fiber source?

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I use the flying Jenny when I get a chance and personally I feel like its better than a bike. bike can't give you the same constant motion and full run like a Jenny can. not to mention its much safer, I don't see how people trust being on a bicycle when the dog has the ability to redirect it's attention and cut at any point in time.

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

naus, not really corn flakes but it was a kellog brand cereal.......check mikes post, he posts about it

and i mean...c'mon....are you NOT saying that the body will take in and utilize more of the nutrients of the raw diet versus the shit kibble? lol, i may be green, but thats common knowledge.....not saying a dog would lose on THAT alone...but that may be detrimental to his workout, and in that case i would want all things workin for me and not against me..

im sure the rrc mill worked great....did it have the speed adjuster also?? lol, in time......things improve, if they didnt everything would stay the same!

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

dry cereal like was used because it was a cheap source of pre broken down carbohydrates that was super easy to come by. there were powdered forms of these carbs but cereal was and still is cheaper/easier.

as far as pro plan vs raw I don't know about detrimental to his workout but I will say a properly developed raw diet is a great way to go. dog worked on proplan isn't going to be noticeably hindered and when it comes down to it it really wont make a difference. pro plan isn't saw dust and water as long as the keep was right the animal is gonna come in and do what it does best.

I don't know what speed adjuster you're talking about but a rrc, lemm, tl or trotter are all great mills and neither will give an instant performance boost over another. some people just like different brands.

there's great disparity among keeps but once you start talking about the upper tier, dialed in workout regiment its really about the dogs at that point because there's not much of a difference.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

if you watch the mayfield dvds he talks about different elements of feed and how each dogs body breaks downt the compounds of each ingredient and the % of that ingredient used by that dogs body. if your comparing raw meat to compressed corn,wheat,and chicken bones n beaks than thats nuts! lol, again im not sayin that the feed is going to make a difference on the outcome of the comp, hell you may be a hell of a conditioner, or have a hell of a dog that beats me. BUT i am saying that it could be flaw in ones routine. i want all odds in my favor, and i would do what i can to stack those odds in my favor. when you got top shelf feed vs other, what are you going to use? sure you CAN use purina.........but ill almost bet you wouldnt....

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

^^not in TODAYS DAY ^^

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I'm pretty sure proplan isn't just compressed corn, wheat, beaks and bones. but in any case no I don't feed it but I'm not going to act like its use will get you "mowed over" like was stated before.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yeah i did say that didnt i?? lol

it may be a lil higher quality then i exxagerated...but not much lol.....

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

and i wasnt sayin YOU personally, i just meant a conditioner in general........just clearin that up

15. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

a well known modern day ch, ch Mafia 3w was kept on proplan.

16. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Imagine if he was kept on raw. Either way this isn't a food thread.

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I'm probably going to build a jenny this fall,if my plans don't fall through.Just need to get the time,but luckily its out of view unless you fly over.

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

id like to build one at the farm, it wouldnt be seen either, but my paranoid ass would be out in the yard with binocs trying to figure out wtf planes are doing flying over, and theyd probably just be crop dusters LOL

19. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Yeah,mine would be right in the middle of the farm on the edge of the woods where my dogs are.Closest neighbor is my brother and even he's a long ways off.Those helicopters that buzz over would be the biggest concern but they're not looking for dogs.

20. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

A good jenny would make it easier to get more dogs in shape in a shorter time.Cheaper than a mill and I already have all the materials to make with laying around.