1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Swivels & Hardware

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by act284, Sep 23, 2010.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

Swivels & Hardware

Where are the best truly APBT tested swivels? hardware as well?

i know its been asked before, but id like to hear some updated answers...

is online the way to go?

stillwater? obriens? DBR supplier? gametime dogs? sporting collars?

2. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

3. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Re: Swivels & Hardware

I Get everything at tractor supply co. The swivels O'briens sells are strong but they need to be lubed regularly and overall I just wasn't really happy about them. Don't get me wrong, my personal dealings with them were great, just didn't like that particular product. I did switch to using cold shuts and I have to say, it's the way to go. I even get my anchors from TSC.

4. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Tractor Supply carries the same galvanized swivels as Lowes. You can't go wrong either way.

5. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

my feed store has everything i need.

ive used several swivels these are my favorite ones by far

[​IMG]

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I get my hardware at Rona, i bought the bull dog (logging swivles) but they to stiff to turn for the dogs, so i get the same as the swivles in the pic above from rona, never had one break or wear out yet..

[​IMG]

7. spliff

spliff Big Dog

you can get pretty much everything you need from tractor supply.
    from chain set-up hardware to wormers to vaccines high quality at low prices,one of my all time favorite stores:).

8. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Online is the way to get hardware atleast for me...

I used fdsons.com for swivels, cold shuts, chain and laplinks and I got my O rings from Bulldogsupplycompany.com

9. act284

act284 Big Dog

which swivels do you recommend?

you live in ventura? im in los angeles.

do you know any junk/scrap yard selling axles for under $10...everyone wants $40

10. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

im frm oxnard but im now living in tx.oxnard has a couple gud junk yards.i think santa paula also had a gud junkyard

11. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I'm agreeing with ya on the loggin swivels. I only have one out of five still being used and that's cause it's cold shut in. I usually have to lube it up every week to get it loosened back up. But yeah, those are the swivels I use to. For anchors I use the 4' fence post anchors at TSC and haven't had a problem at all. I get everything there all the way from hardware to Diamond food. Even got the kennels there.

12. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

I found a better site that Id like to reccomend for hardware. Id go with www.usahardware.com. As for what swivels Id reccomend I think it depends on the dog. Im using a 1/4inch swivel right now for my pup, and when she out grows of that Im putting her on a 1/2 inch. At this site you can also find cold shuts. I like cold shuts connecting to my swivel than quicklinks. Since you live in LA I think your best bet is gonna order this shit online, because the hardware shops I went to didn't have shit...

As for junkyards good luck man. The few junkyards I went to had no axles for $10. The cheapest I found were $35 and they had the brake backing plate attached to ALL of them, which was a royal pain in the ass trying to find a shop that had the right machine to take those off...Finally found one though after a few weeks of searching.

Its been a pain in the ass trying to find the right hardware, I hope its easier for you man. :)

13. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

14. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Swivels do eventually wear out. They should always be attached to the chain with the bolt facing down, or away from the dog. That way when they start to wear out the connecting link doesn't get wedged in the swivel.

Earth/Land anchors work great-unless you ever want to remove them, then they are a real pain.

15. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Those are nice, I wish I woulve seen those before I went on a hunt for some axles! Im keeping those in mind for the future ;)

16. kgip2

kgip2 Pup

them anchors work good, thats what I use... And so ar no issues.

17. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

their anchors are good.