1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Teeth

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by steve04x, Aug 19, 2004.

1. steve04x

steve04x Pup

what up evreyone my 16 weeks old male was playing with his rope last night and spit out a chip of f his rear tooth like the cap of the tooth just popped off he seems good and has no problems eating or chewing on bones ect. ??? and remarks would be great.

2. AC

AC Big Dog

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Usually around that age they are loosing the baby teeth and replacing them with the permanent teeth. If you don't see anything growing back consult your veterinarian.

3. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

I didn't know they actually replaced their puppy teeth. Just thought they just got bigger as the dog matured.

4. X

X Banned

Didn't you loose your baby teeth? ;)

5. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

Well my pup has his adult teeth now...he lives inside....and I havent seen any teeth laying around ;)

6. AC

AC Big Dog

No usually you don't see them laying around. Hell maybe they even swallow most of them LoL but never the less they do replace them with adult teeth. :)

7. steve04x

steve04x Pup

thanks for the truth guys.

8. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

its wierd because I just noticed he had lost his lil daggers, I was thinking one day "wonder when hes going to get his big teeth" then i opened his mouth and bam there they was lol

9. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

While on the subject of teeth, my 7 mo. puppy has gotten all her adult teeth in, but one of her puppy cutters still hasn't come out. The adult one's come in right ahead of it, has anyone else experienced this? Will the puppy tooth get forced out?

10. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

i had a female pup that happened to and one day i looked and the baby tooth was gone. i just figured it was late coming out and the adult tooth helped push it out.

11. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

It should..but just keep an eye on it and if it doesnt, your vet will have to pull it or decay could happen.