1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The dog thievery on "The Pit Boss"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ABK, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Re: The dog thievery on "The Pit Boss"

simms: The contact info should be on the Animal Planet website. I will try to get specifics later tonight to post.

patchwork: I didn't see that 15 mins you were talking about but he is right, a nervous dog IS more prone to bite. It's called "fear aggression" & some downright nasty bites stem from fear.

2. Re: The dog thievery on "The Pit Boss"

yeah I agree with yall. but some people consider chaining an animal up to be cruel. It's obviously not cruel if you make sure it gets plenty (off chain) time for affection and excerscise, as well as food and water. I'm not sure what the guys deal is but I've heard that some breeders have you sign a contract with specific wishes on how to dog should be treated, and the owner cakn get the dog back if you fail at your part. But you still have to go through the legal system. That show just looks like theft from what I've seen

3. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I agree. I think he took it out of hand. I haven't seen the episode yet but from the commercial he was mad because he was chained outside for a short period of time. I also noticed he thinks he is big and bad and can talk to people anyway he wants. He forgets how small he really is.:rolleyes:

4. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

i watched this show n just all the other reality shows,it all fixed

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i dont give a shit, midget or not let him come in my backyard wit some bolt cutters. ill be kickin some miniature ass!

6. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Maybe yall can invite him to the site to get further educated..

7. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

And then he'd see this thread and his ego would be immediately deflated lol

8. m&m629

m&m629 Pup

im sure there are parts of the show might be scripted who knows & who cares as long as the animals are safe & cared for. all of this over a lil 30sec teaser comercial? how about waiting and watching the episode before freaking out about it nobody on a national tv show is going to "steal" a dog with out proper cause. a dog being chained up in the backyard is not a big deal i agree ppl do it everyday but why? to keep there dog safe and stop them from hopping fences right? but if your dog is chained up and with no food or water available to it is no longer safe & thats a problem any loving pet owner is going to make sure there is fresh water & food for their pet at all times

9. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I saw the episode, the way he went about doing his job was wrong, but the dog was tied up with no food or wAter and that's cruel.

10. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

Who feeds a dog 24/7 anyway?????

11. Re: The dog thievery on "The Pit Boss"

Reminds me of old friend when he was younger and drunk decided to steal someones pitbull got it in truck and about 1/4 mile down the rode the pitbull was looking at him all crazy and like it was gonna bite his head off so he drove it back and let it out. I think what he did was wrong but it made me laugh when he told me. I was like thats karma for you!

12. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I watched the EP today and yes the dog could have had a longer chain, some water and shade but that wasn't a call to take him back by any means necessary.

13. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

What would be cruel is what I'd do if I caught a dog thief in my yard,LOL

14. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I saw the 2nd episode last night. I have to agree, if someone signed a legal, binding adoption contract stating they'd be in contact with me regularly & had to keep the dog a certain way & they instead dodged me left & right as well as kept the dog in substandard conditions that directly violated the contract, I'd take the dog back too. So I agree with his POV on that.

BUT ... if it were me, I would have done it legally. I would not have committed what was at worst a B&E & was at the least trespassing on private property. If I have to repo a dog I always go with either a LE officer or ACO with the contract & a photograph of the dog in hand to make sure I don't break any laws either.

Oh & BTW, I found it quite hilarious that the dog's owner called him the same day he found the dog missing! The guy allegedly dodged them for a month, but once his dog comes up missing he magically calls them! lol. That is SO how it is in the real world!

15. Phebes

Phebes Pup

Since temps in LA in the summer can reach over 100 degrees w/ 10 % humidity a dog tied up in the sun w/out water is serious. The dog could have ended up dead by sundown. Since the guy wouldn't answer phone calls there was no way to know how long he had been gone or when he would return. I would have taken the dog as well.
    My male I adopted 15 years ago was repopped. He was tied to a tree in Febuary pouring freezing rain no shelter, no one home and he was only 4 months old. The rescue went in the yard and took him. They were on their way to an adoption event and stopped by to see how the pup was since they also could not get the adopter to return calls. We had adopted a female from them some months before and stop in at the adoption event saw the male and adopted him that day. They had a legal right to do what they did. The adopter had a fit but there was nothing he could do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  16. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Seen the show hate it:mad:

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i watched it last night and laughed my ass off. the midget "expert" has an assistant who managed to let a dog get loose at a nursing home?:rolleyes: maybe im not the first to say it, but these dogs have to much strength for a midget. sorry, i know that sounds mean, but id sooner let my 13 year old daughter manage my dogs in public than them

18. mindbender

mindbender Big Dog

The show is a joke, something that real dog folk laugh at. Shorty's lil ass has a better chance of getting pregnant, than coming and taking a dog from a REAL dogman/woman:D

19. BLU3BR1NDLE

BLU3BR1NDLE Big Dog

I would of shot his tiny ass if I would of caught him on my yard.

But there would also not been any need for anyone to show up at my house/property. I would of returned his phone calls or emails if I had signed a contract agreeing to check in once in a while or whatever.

Just saying, it isn't that simple at everybody's home.