1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Most Important Nutrient

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by c-murda, Dec 4, 2009.

1. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

With the temperature dropping all over the U.S., Dog owners should not loose sight of a dogs most important nutrient[and a humans as well]. What is it? WATER!! That's right water is as important and sometimes more important for our dogs when the temperature is dropping. Because their metabolism slows, the dogs won't drink what they require to thrive. Add warm water to their daily rations is what I suggest no matter if ur feeding raw, canned, kibble or any combination of the three. There was an article I read about this a while ago. I think it was published in the ADBA Gazette as well as the AADR Bull-a-Ton. Well that's my 2 cents worth and may it benefit the dogs.:)

2. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

good advice and i also feed two smaller meals a day in the colder months and add hot tap water both times and if it gets really cold (i live in southern alabama so thats not a huge problem) ill add a little warm chicken broth or chicken stock to their foods to warm them up

3. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

in NC so the winters can get cold but nothing brutal like the other parts of the US...when it gets cold i buy the big cans of cheap soup, vegeteble beef, etc...etc... and mix it with warm water. i walk the chain spots and pour it in the bowls....then feed afterwards,....s

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

im in the south so i feed almost double the food sinnce mine are more active on there chains,it keeps there weight up littel more to help them stay warmer.