1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The real picture of APBT

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHINADOG, Mar 30, 2007.

1. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

I dont know if this has bin showed before and yes i know there are blues:) ,and even if they are not my thing i believe this is a good documentary about our breed
    But i hope the people who needs to see this will see this
    I know you guys need all the help you can get over there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPTK-6pMCto
    M

2. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

LOved the vid!!!!!! Thank you :)

3. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

seems like a whole bunch of bullys

4. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

WTF? All but one person failed to mention that this breed was bred to be compassionate to humans and that one person said one sentence. So after watching the video, all I had just watched was more idiots publicizing the aggression in the breed.

BTW: They also could have talked more about the standard. It's another video that needs to be trashed.

5. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

Take a look at the 1st 14-19 seconds in the vid. Has anyone else seen that vid? Pm me.

6. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

7. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I've seen this before. It does make some good points, and may help the average person understand better and not hate the dogs so much. On another note, the out of standard dogs are not all "blues". Blue is just a color, and there are plenty with that color that are well within the standard :) Most of the dogs were definitely "bullies" but it's filmed in Cali so what do you expect, lol. There were some good lookin dogs in there though, especially the beginning.

8. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

I definatly didnt post it cause of the bullys but because of the message..:)

9. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

Poor bullies, they need love too!

10. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

Ofcourse its just not my thing..:cool:

11. awl

awl Pup

Great video!!!

12. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

I gotcha! Its just that so many pple out there now days dont look for game dogs, and dont know what true pit bulls are all about...most of them just look for size/color & whatever else, for these pple big fat lazy bullies are perfect! I wouldnt mind owning one, ide prolly squeeze its cheeks all day!

13. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

i agree good vid i have met cpl of them in person an talked they are nice people an good about helping out with any questions you have.

14. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

15. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Then lets make a video of nothing more than Game-Dogs revel the truth the and
    the whole truth, lets show the diff. between Street level B.S. Bullies and true
    GB APBT's. Not to demonize or Glorify what they are apart of and came from but
    to show the truth and our side of the story one that has only been shown in GD
    forums.

16. WWII

WWII Banned

This vid was for the message people. It does not need to be trashed. They were not publicizing the aggression of the breed. I think some of the people on this board are too quick to call BS on anything that is over 50lbs. The average Joe sees pit bulls as large dogs. The people in the vid were/are saying and doing the exact same thing this board preaches day in and day out. Hypocrite much?

17. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I agree with you, it does send a good positive message....regardless of what the dogs in the vid are. It would be great though to have a similar pr vid with more or only game-bred APBT's, just so the average Joe can see them in a positive light as well. There are those who see the traditional looking APBT's as out of control killing machines. It would be good for the bully enthusiasts to see such a vid as well as they are typically the ones to say our dogs are crazy and their dogs are better.

18. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

I think some of you need to watch the video again and listen to how much they glorify aggression and speak on it. Yes, it needs to be trashed, period, point blank.

19. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

Since this video came up a while back, I will just quote myself..LOL

"OK, This is how I see it. Although I do agree with almost everything they said, From a third party POV It may seem strange that they seem to love their dogs one minute then they show them hitting a sleeve..Your average Joe Smoe noodle noggin viewing that is not likely to know that it's a controlled/organized sport..Them being bullys is irrelevant when it comes to POSITIVE press, if they are going to be under the assumption that they are APBT's the positive aspect of it only helps "OUR" breed..JMO...:D"

I do agree that one should be made using game bred and showing and telling the difference between the two...

20. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Well, I wouldn't go as far as that, to say they "glorify" HA.... They explain how people feel the need to use dogs like this as protection, how its "macho" and how easy it is for people to get their hands on them. They stated HA is NOT normal in the breed.

I think most of you will agree with me when I say the message is good but the way they went about expressing it wasn't.
    The audio is alright but the filming is awful, IMO. The whole film is full of a lot of thugs trying to look tough, dogs doing bite work or barking/snarling, and bullies. Hey, maybe that will attract the attention of people who need the educating the most, who knows, but to me the video was trash. There was less than a minute of positive images!