1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

the show.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by KuyaJames33, Jun 1, 2008.

1. KuyaJames33

KuyaJames33 Big Dog

2. pitbull9704

pitbull9704 Big Dog

That video kicks ass. I too wish that we had shows like that.

3. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

Looks fun but I dont think that the tug -a-war looks like a safe thing

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

All I can say is I'm glad our weight pull over here has rules against slingshot starts and baiting (in most cases). Compare the bouncing and lunging style of most of the dogs pulling in that video to what you see over here where dogs are trained to pull, not goaded or bribed into it. I've seen the comments on some of the videos, and they think we're the fools for having such rules, but I think the pulling style is much better, safer, and more effective here. Get down and dig in, don't slam into the harness repeatedly to move the cart.

Anyway, that's my criticism. I think some of the other parts are kinda neat. I know there are people here who are working to bring the high-jumps and long-jumps and the wall-climbing thing over here. Its in the formative stages right now, but maybe we'll see x-games for Pit Bulls before too much longer.

5. KuyaJames33

KuyaJames33 Big Dog

i agree with u on the weight pulling. not only is the style the adba and ukc impose on weight pulling safer for the dog, it is more impressive in terms of showing the training it sometimes takes to get them to pull on command.

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I wonder if both sides have ever met on the track. It'd be interesting to see which style comes out on top. :cool: