1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Zebo Story...

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by carverboy1, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ebady23

ebady23 Pup

No...that doesn't count as a manbiter. You have excite biters that will nip at you when they see something they want but never to do any harm just to get free. Also, was she in a state of shock at the time? Judging from the statement I will tend to believe it was just that "an accident." I'm sure most of us on here that's been around these dogs long enough has gotten there hands nipped a time or two.

2. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

art,and chinaman was manbiters especially chinaman thats how tg got cause he attack his pevious owner while he was on the chain but u might be right bout honeybunch but i think i did read that and some article

3. Art was not a manbiter, I can't speak on Chinaman..........................

4. maddog2020

maddog2020 Big Dog

thats not why garner got chinaman

5. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

tg got him as a present from vince and bob,but he did bite bob while he was on his chain

6. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Zebo and Boomerang were around about the same time (early 70's,), and about same weight.... Wish that would have happened!

7. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

why like the mountain man said all that would've accompolished was two good dead dogs

8. maddog2020

maddog2020 Big Dog

Yeah but that's not what you said. I was just pointing it out. He's good friends with Vince. The deal was he got Chinaman to breed as long as he sent pups back to Vince. Same deal with frisco.

9. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Thats not the quote I have read from Lester. heres the quote I have;

"We were seriously trying to agree on matching Zebo and Boomerang. When I found out it was Boomerang I was going into, I knew Zebo had a real job ahead of him, and I know Davis felt the same way. When I learned that Davis had went ahead and contracted to match into a different dog on the same slate we were negotiating for, I sure didn't call him up and complain, for I feel for sure one of us would have lost a damn good dog. Naturally, I believe it would have been Davis'.

As much as I have read about it on this thread, and others, rarely does one dog go breathless in the box, none the less both. I guess its possible one could have passed away in the box, and the other not make it through after care. All speculation now!
    Maybe its me, but I want THE best, not one of the best. Only way to do that is beating the best...

10. I'm with you about best to best. But I think it is also cool that we can sit here and wonder what might have been. Look at the epic war between jeep and Homer. We all know who one and hence there is not a lot to debate.

11. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

lmao oh sure there is, we all know who won but there are very different stories about that match lol!!!

12. Jeep wanted to jump the wall? Lol. It was an example man. Lets stay around a while this time.

13. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

lol i aint never scared lol and icepick id be happy with one of the best i aint greedy lol hell noriega lost to ajex and i still would have taken him in a hot minute

14. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Nothing wrong with owning one of the best, but why settle when you can prove you have THE best? It wasnt like Zebo and Boomerang where 1,000 miles apart to begin with. At the very basic level, this is what bulldogging is about. "Mine is better than yours," right??? I know I wouldnt be setting around saying, "well, since mine is good, and yours is good, lets just roll into the not so good, so we can talk about OUR good dogs being good." Screw that, I want to know who is better!!! Thats how I roll!!!!

15. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

i truly believe that match would have been just like hootens butcher boy and sampson if boomerang was a destroyer like the stories say what other outcome would it have been they would have killed each other

16. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

true that true that

17. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Butcher Boy was treated for heart worms before this match and that is why he was retired.Maurice showed up and talked Norman into matching him again.The way Butcher produced in that short time in hind site it was a mistake to lose him some would think.

18. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Nothing wrong with owning one of the best, but why settle when you can prove you have THE best? It wasnt like Zebo and Boomerang where 1,000 miles apart to begin with. At the very basic level, this is what bulldogging is about. "Mine is better than yours," right??? I know I wouldnt be setting around saying, "well, since mine is good, and yours is good, lets just roll into the not so good, so we can talk about OUR good dogs being good." Screw that, I want to know who is better!!! Thats how I roll!!!!
    Well it depends on a lot of things besides just seeing which dog is better.Its called match making like location,money,and what do u have planned for your dog after his career as a match dog is over.Some that are really into the breeding aspect might figure he's proved himself, and I'm not going to risk losing him.Some are gamblers and would risk anything for the price.Some its about having the best and they aim to prove it.So many reasons why a match doesn't come off.

19. maddog2020

maddog2020 Big Dog

Has anyone ever asked Davis about it? Id be curious to hear his side.

20. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I knew Davis 's nephew and had dogs from Baker.I asked him why the match didn't come off.His answer was we kept going back and forth about different things money,weight, and a few other things.So I wanted to be on that card so I made the match that was available.Baker never badmouth Lester or anything.He just said they couldn't come to terms and he didn't want to miss this convention.