1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Timberwolf organics change

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jaystreetsA4, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

im sure most of the TW feeders here know about the supposed "ingredient listing" changes. for those still feeding it after the "change" have you seen any negative effects in your dogs? diharrea, not wanting to eat the food if they once sucked down? change in the food coloring? different smell? anything.

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I had no idea that they changed the ingredients. However, I don't feed it either.

But glad to see you posting! :)

3. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

yea skools been hectic but i still lurk! lol what you feed Miakoda?

4. mojo

mojo Pup

Please be more specific about the changes. I only buy in bulk so the last order was 6mo ago. When did the changes happen? What was changed, I've only heard rumors through the grapevine and don't know the facts.

5. Marty

Marty Guest

6. Marty

Marty Guest

How many dogs you feeding?

The food could be going bad on you.

How is it stored?

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

jay, I'm feeding Merrick Wilderness supplemented with EVO. The dogs look absolutely fantastic!

I got a pallet of Merrick due to a mix-up in ordering at the pet supply store next door to my former clinic. The owner made me an offer I couldn't refuse!

8. mojo

mojo Pup

Feeding 8 dogs, keep it in the basement, it's not expired yet, and I only have one bag left. Thanks for the concern:D! . Been thinking of switching to Kirklands due to the "wonderful" Michigan economy and recent news of TW.

9. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

sounds good everyone. im leaning towards Natures Variety for a switch.Marty i only got one, Spike, hes got a sensative stomach and was doing fine until i bought the lastest bags. I usually buy a bunch of small 4 lb bags and when i run out buy another set. he was doing fine until i opened these new ones, prolly made within the last month or so.

10. Marty

Marty Guest

If your dog is sick get it to the vet and get it off that feed ASAP :(

Sorry to hear your having problems with it, I was not aware of the changes :(

11. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

yea his vet loves him. superstar there lol its weird b/c it came out of no where. only thing new was the new bags. hes got a sensative stomach but he didnt get anything besides his normal kibble since the new bags i opened.

12. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Supposedly, there hasn't been any ingredient changes.

"Due to some concerns of a possible formula 'change' in Timberwolf Organics we'd like to set the record straight. The ingredient list on our website has always reflected the food in our bags." .....

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/

13. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

yea thats what i read too, but dog is acting weird. he always scarfs it down. inhales it. but since i opened thre new bags he snubbed his nose at it. other than that hes 100% normal as usual.

14. cross-posted from another thread...hope you dont mind Patch!

To me what they have changed hardly makes them different from others....and I too agree with you on the fact that they are allowed 6 months to change the bag, that does not seem very fair, however, nothing in this worls ever is, is it?

The ingredients they changed and the others that they moved down on the list, IMO are not worth the price an longer. They seem to be cutting back on cost and as you said, still charging.......We switched to Canidae for winter weight, but if it continues to work.....we just might stick with it...
    I dont believe in paying a higher price for a name....quality is one thing, but not names!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  15. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

yea you're right. quality is key :)

16. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

I switched from Solid Gold, to TW, to Canidae, back to TW. The first time I fed TW, it seemed a lot better than it is now (it definitely used to smell a lot better.) The only reason I am back is because one of the dogs is doing awesome on it and I only have 1 large feed container. I like the food, it works for me, but the price is so damn high!

I don't think I'll go back to Canidae, though. I think the sodium level is too high for one of my dogs. It would make him pee in the house and it would be all crystalized. Haven't had one thing wrong since I switched to TW, which was probably about 4-5 months ago.

I'd switch to RAW if I weren't so afraid of screwing it up.

17. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

I think it's time for a change. I've been feeding TW for 8 months and have had great results but this is crazy! "Change" the ingredients, say thank you for all the word of mouth buisness increases, and then raise the price almost 10%. I don't think so. I feel their food saved my dog from euth. but I can't justfy spending more $ on my dog's food than my family's:(

18. I do not blame you that....not at all! NOt only that though, but what they have changed to IMO....is no better than any others, and is the same as some that I have seen...

19. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Atleast your honest.;) Alot of people dive right into the RAW thing without alot of thought & research into it. I tried it, but it was tough with multiple dogs. I might try it again in the future, however not until i am fully confident that i am doing the right things.

Its seems TW is taking a turn for the worst. I am sure it will work great for some dogs, heck it might even do wonders for my dogs. However, i think i will stick with Canidae(chicken) for now.

Its sad because alot of these smaller companies have good intentions. But you have to go through the big manufacturing plants to pump the food out. IMO that is where a lot of the problems occur. In TW's case, i heard that they had problems paying thier bills...thus changing plants....resulting in inconsistent food.

20. A terrific feed to try would be Blackwood......www.blackwoodpetfood.com

They have a great lineup....I use the 2000 and sometimes the 4000.