1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

TN Online Voting Poll

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by screamin'eagle, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2007
  2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Yes we need to Vote cause Yes is winning 54% to 46%no... Let's do it guys....

3. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

well as of my vote it looked like this

Yes

53% (128 votes)

No

47% (113 votes)
    Total votes: 241

4. rosco91382

rosco91382 Big Dog

After my vote we are still down 47% say NO 53% say Yes
    total votes 242

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yes
    50% (134 votes)
    No
    50% (134 votes)
    Total votes: 268

Tied

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

We just took the lead Please repost other forums and let them know what is going on here

7. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

57% Say No

8. :) Yes 35% (228) No 65% (426) Woohoo! Glad a New Yorkean can help the cause in TN!! The power of the internet.:D

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Voted and left a comment:

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

What is a "pit bull"?

On November 14th, 2007 Staci (not verified) says:
    Since there is no such breed as a "pit bull", I'm just curious as to what would be banned? For those unfamiliar, the term "pit bull" is a generic term similar to the term "hound" or "retreiver." It refers to breeds such as the American Staffordshire Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, and American Bulldog to name a few, any mix of these breeds, and basically any dog weighing between 30 and 130 lbs with short hair and somewhat of a muscular physique. To date, over 20 breeds of dogs have been classified as "pit bulls" by government descriptions in areas where Breed Specific Legislation runs amuck and countless more mixed breeds. Don't believe me? Ask the woman in Denver, CO how she felt when Animal Control and the local police barged into her home, confiscated her "pit bull" which was acutally an AKC registered Boxer, and destroyed the dog before she could even say a word. Or how about the young man with an English Bulldog/Labrador mix? I could go on.

As an owner of APBTs, I am far to aware of what BSL means, but I strongly urge those owners of mutts and even other breeds that have short hair and are somehwat muscular to educate themselves on what lies in store for them. If you think that a paranoid neighbor or someone looking for 15 minutes of fame isn't going to point to your dog and proclaim it as a "vicious pit bull" then you are sadly mistaken and kidding yourself.

Education is key here. Yet sadly too many people are willing to sit back like dummies and let someone else tell them what they know and what they are going to do. Tsk, tsk.

11. the guy that followed you up wasn't bad either Mia...

On November 14th, 2007 eric hart (not verified) says:
    this is true about the blanket term "pit bull". also, there are some websites dedicated to destroying "pit bulls" and others in the media who use dog bite statistics from certain years like "92-94", when the bully breeds were most popular. obviously when you have more of something than others, the stats will be higher. i bet during those years more "pit bulls" were well behaved than than the other dogs too!

it's like saying black or white people are the main people doing crime in a city where whichever race is predominant. the bully breed dogs are very very popular among all classes, races and ages.

ten years ago the media and population spread paranoid rumors about how doberman pinschers' brains swell up inside their skulls until the gray matter had no room and it made them go crazy and attack.

now the same paranoia has been aimed at the "pit bulls", who used to be the mascott of the united states during world war 1, played Petey on the little rascalls, represented RCA's logo, were owned by eisenhower and helen keller, and was the most beloved dog in the country. they also excell at all obedience competitions, work as service dogs, therapy dogs, search and rescue dogs and police dogs.

but somehow, uneducated morons like some of the ones here still say "they're bred to fight and fight only"

wow. do some research. national geographic has already debunked many of the myths surrounding this loyal, loving, and most horribly abused breed.

check out www.realpitbull.com

and God bless the Girl who was attacked, her friends and family. i wasn't there, and didn't know the dogs or how they were treated/raised.