1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Toe?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by wally81, Jan 24, 2007.

1. wally81

wally81 Pup

ok here it is...2 1/2 year old...

the way she acts: she jumps on box jumps on ground over and over

problem: her front toe is swollen like 2 or 3 times the norm. and is limping

i dont think she broke it because she lets me mess with it. i also found bull ants under her box... i dont know if she was bit by an ant or spider?

she does drink and eat... eating not as much now...

gums: have good color

any suggestions

2. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

Yeah, take her in to the vet. You don't want to risk anyhting that could be underlying.

3. wally81

wally81 Pup

vet on the to do list... i just dont want to go there with out any knowledge... and they shoot me some bs... if you know what i mean...

4. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

That's why you need to find a Vet and stick with them, if they are good. My vet works with me on nutrition and conditioning to get the best out my dog and I wouldn't replace her for the world. If you are unsure about your vet sticking it you to you than find another vet.

5. wally81

wally81 Pup

so i took her to the vet and they gave me some antibiotic. there is now some dischare aroung her toe nail. does anyone no what else i can do for her?

6. Suki

Suki Guest

yup:

follow the directions by your vet. initially my 1st thought was infection and that a round of antibiotics were in order, which has turned out to be the case. the infection is relieving itself, so to speak, hence, the discharge. that's good=you want that 'shit' to come out.
    follow all the directions on the med bottle. be sure all the medicine is taken until they're finished.
    watch for signs that she isn't improving=swelling of foot does not decrease, color reddens, feels warm to the touch. she becomes symptomatic as well=lethargic, decrease in appetite, disinterest in daily activities, etc.

7. wally81

wally81 Pup

ty i was worried....yea she eats less bc of it i told the vet it all... but thinks do you think i should put like peroixde on it to keep it clean? i didnt ask the vet that?

8. Suki

Suki Guest

nope, i personally wouldn't, as i imagine your vet did a good job of cleaning it already

plus HP should only be used initially, as it kills both good and bad cells. no need to kill off more of the good ones (white cells) as they will be needed to help fight off any potential infection.
    just keep an eye on it for signs that's it's not getting better, as mentioned.

9. wally81

wally81 Pup

thank you for your help ;)

10. Suki

Suki Guest

my pleasure! :)

hope she feels good soon!

11. wally81

wally81 Pup

ok so she has lost her toe nail... it bleed a lil bit but know has stopped what do i need to do ?