1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

tombstone/stampanto

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by loudboyjr, Nov 12, 2010.

1. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

I just have a few questions and statements... first off some of you guys are genious' i love reading some threads...then some of you guys are a-holes *laughing* but i love the heated debates more than anything... my general question is this... Do you guys believe a scatterbred dog can be an ace? and I prefer the older bloodlines if i can find it but ive read alot of post that said the older lines arent winning... maybe the paperwork isnt right *laughing* Im no dogman... a pro- amateur at best and just an amateur at worse *laughing* (but i do know dogmen all across the country...and i do mean DOGMEN!!) but i just think its always more so about the particular dog and the keep... good blood is like the foundation on a house i understand that... but every house is built on different foundations... Im really interested in getting into showing dogs and just would like constructive criticism on some of the things i was taught and have picked up on my own.

2. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

I don't see why not, just because a dog is scatterbred (Gr Ch 35?) does not mean he can't be an ace, if it came with with a pretty pedigree or not....has nothing to do with the dog's performance in the [].

3. I had never heard that 35 was a scatterbred dog. As far as I know his breeding was not known so there is no way to tell if he was scatterbred, outcrossed or family bred.

Crimson is also right, the more outcrossed a dog is, the more variance there will be in the gene pool and hence the more variance in what it produces. It's very hard to lock down traits in highly outcrossed or scatterbred dogs because you never know where they are coming from.

4. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Your right gringopistolero, gr ch 35 comes from an unknown background.

5. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Thought they believed 35 to be a red devil or some sort Corvino bred dog.. But scatterbred has nothing to do with a dog ability.. Being bred has nothing to do with a dog ability..

6. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

A good dog has know idea how he is bred.He can't read so he doesn't care!He just loves what he does.

7. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

*laughing* im sorry i gotta steal the "dog cant read so he doesnt care" thats good... but yea makes sense... you wouldnt be able to produce the same scatterbred dog.... and i havent been to a real big convention or anything like that a few local shows or whatever but what do you guys stand on some blood me myself i like the older stuff but ive read a few threads where people say the older stuff wasnt winning? once again i think its condition or has the old stuff been so outcrossed that people cant really get the "real deal" for a price that sounds like the person doesnt want to sell the dog? the dogman that took me under his wing so to speak has alot of stampanto indian bolio and tombstone on his dogs and i know thats bred how it says...i personally dont have a favorite line actually if i had my choice i would pick different lines to go into different dogs if you get my drift

8. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

what do you mean the older stuff?? What are you feedin? Let us judge your stuff before you ask about what we have

9. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

*laughing* i wasnt asking what you had just a simple question about the older stuff in general... but no i wont tell what im working with since you thought i was coming at that angle and you didnt want to tell me... i do like the diamond dog food though

10. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

11. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

well if diamond works for you thats great, i feed raw.. I also know that the dogs i have and have access to, you'd pay more than your left nut for...ROTFLMAO

12. fblb

fblb Top Dog

I don't see why a "scatterbred" dog couldn't be an ace, I suppose it all depends on your definition of "scatterbred", and "ace".

You must have some magical kung fu dogs RnR, because I don't know of any dog I would give my nuts for.

13. loudboyjr

loudboyjr Banned

*laughing* nuts are small price to pay when they're little... not thats comedy! but im sure you do have access to good dogs rnr all bs aside