1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Too big?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NewSchoolDogMan, Jul 31, 2010.

1. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

but they dont show none of the real apbt traits that made our dogs famous in the first place...

2. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I don't like em much over 50#. That's just me. I prefer 30 & 40 lbs dogs.

3. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

i wouldnt mind having a big 70lb game dog, why? because then no one can talk about ANYTHING going toe to toe with it.

4. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Except somebody with a big 70lbs gamedog;)

5. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

the point i was making was towards OTHER breeds. Since stupid people like pitting 30-45lbs against 150+LB dogs. I doubt any of those would want any play with a dog like mayday.

6. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

i see where ur coming from......

7. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

once in a grat while a huge freek will pop up , i sen one off a CH Fitch's jackhammer 100lbs & pure A.P.B.T & WAS NOT FAT ! NEVER SEEN NOTHING BEFORE IT OR AFTER IT THAT BIG , BUT I DID SEE HIM !

8. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

that would be cool to see a 100lb game dog...why not right? if its a bulldog whats wrong with that. I feel like so many people with HUGE mutts think their dog is superior if it beats a 40lb dog...sounds stupid as hell to me. But if we constantly had some bigger game dogs( im not saying breed for size) i think the argument would be dead.

9. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

True. I get ya. I don't think there was another dog out there that coulve whipped mayday. Maybe another bulldog but we'll never know.

10. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

and mayday was what 75lbs correct? i think him at 75 is TOO much for ANY breed, yes i said it.

11. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Definitely, the only dogs I could even think of that can handle mayday would be pinscher, black jack jr., and plumber's alligator. Maybe tomstone, but tombstone is 70 whereas mayday was 75. That is a lot of weight to give, but outside of bulldogs, I doubt any can handle mayday.

12. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

if you got 150+lb dogs curring out to normal size bulldogs. i dont even wanna know what would happen against a mayday. those russians pitting offweight matches would have to go back to the drawing board.

13. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

how many good dogs r over 70? not many Yrs ago my freind people in Mx and many of the mayday dogs were going into dogs that people didnt even know how they were bred just made wt.yes i know victor is from ecuador..but he met folks at a dog show in mx who showed him show reports.I am more impressed with a good 44lb god cause theres alot of great dogs at that wt.

14. venom

venom Top Dog

A good dog is a good dog, i dont care what weight or dimensions the damn dog is... if it can do the job then its good in my book. I really don't give a damn how its bred either. Obviously tighter bred dogs are gonna consistently produce at a better rate... but that doesnt speak nothin about an individuals performance. My dog can be ugly as shit, weigh whatever u want it too, and have the most bullshyt u ever seen in its ped. But if it works it works...

15. venom

venom Top Dog

only reason i wouldnt want a big dog like that is because of the amount of feed and dog shit that comes with it lol

16. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

i love this post..i really do. Especially the part of not giving a damn whats in the ped long as its a bulldog. good shit brotha.

lol i fell you on that one. but theres no need for us to look past a good dog because his bigger.

17. venom

venom Top Dog

yeah, i mean it sounds good in theory.

its so many potentially good dogs out there for cheap that it doesnt make a lot of sense to try some bullshit just to see if it works lol

but seriously, a big dog eats twice as much man. also big dogs mean big vet bills. big dogs always got somethin wrong with em and dont live as long.

18. venom

venom Top Dog

I'll keep a big dog though... wouldnt want a yard full of em thats for sure.

19. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

that i can understand.

20. B

B CH Dog

I personally know of several tight bred Yellow dogs that were 85-100 lbs chain weight. I know one old time forum member had a well shaped 85lb dog that wrecked a lot of hogs while hunting. The only size that's too big is one that you can't find competition for. I would whole heartedly agree that tough competition at that weight is near impossible to find. There are a lot more smaller athletes than larger ones even in our own society. Once you get that large you start to enter freak territory. They exist but they aren't often.

B