1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Too much too soon?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Rocko, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

NOT tring to condition (didnt know where else to put it) him at all but....

My 7mnth old pup has been going out with me and my other two dogs to play,walks,etc. When they are out of the kennels there is no down time at all, just constant running,jumping,and playn. My question is, we have been going on walks almost everymorning, he does plays with the flirtpole when I get it out, some tugging and pulling..... Its not a super long walk and he has never acted like he wanted to stop and is still pulling on the leash by the time we get back to the house. When he plays on the pole its not anything crazy just abunch of chasing low to the ground and grabing and pulling the end.....Is this too much for him? I dont ever push him its all on his own, he is just more into everything than my other two lol...Thanks

2. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

I have a 7 month old and just about the same situation you do lol, i do about the same amount of stuff with mine just for fun and she seems to be fine, i dont think its too much..i just always make sure I give her a good rub down afterwards.

3. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

wow....I need to post a new pic of mine...looks just like yours but I think the mussel is a bit darker...he gets a good rubdown after to help as much as possible..he also is a inside dog and spends most of his day in the kennel while Im at work so he is wired and ready to go in the mornings...

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i dont think its too much- but just keep an eye out for fatigue- and a day of rest here and there is good. gotta slow a pup down every now and again, as they often times will not heed their bodies warning signs...i think there is a name for that trait? ;)

5. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

Thanks, thats what I was thinking just tring to get some opinions....I watch him closely and he gets plenty of rest during the day and with his day/days off...I feed him "extra" just to put back on anything he has lost (wich isnt much couse he is very slim naturally)...

6. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

thats cool keep his drive up, only if you like active dogs. let her rest here and their too.