1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Treadmill

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHINADOG, May 2, 2007.

1. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

I would like to ask if anyone has a wonder trick how to get the dog work the mill hehe:D
    I tryied now for 2 weeks only few min every day and stop when she worked, but she just stand there;)
    And im not looking for any answers like"nothing better than hitting the road"
    Maybe someone out there have an idea
    Thanks

2. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Does she have something that she loves to play with? A toy, piece of hide, stuffed animal, anything you can hold in front of her?

If you hold something she has drive for in front of her while she is on the mill it might help. Makes them want to move forward toward what you are holding which in turn makes them work the mill.

Just make sure you don't hold it to close so she can snatch it from you, always keep it just out of reach.

Even a bowl of food might work......

3. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Sometimes I put A mirror up right in front sometimes it will get them to start. They see them selves and try to get to it.

4. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Hotdog put it front of the dog if it get close speed it up if it falls back slow it down keep it in the middle all dogs love food

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Lol always worked for us. Either a hot dog or put a real one in front of him. Hopefully he figured it out. This thread is almost 9 years old. Lol

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Have done this trick too. It works.

7. PHARMER

PHARMER Pup

I always try and let them peep out the older ones when they're young. Get them used to seeing and knowing that it's a regualr part of the routine. Let them play on them as much as you can when young also so they aren't intimidated.

If they're older, another dog, mirror, food, hide. Some just need a few tries and encouragement. Then again if you get ones like I have now. Most will freeze up into a statue or go for 5 min or so and stop...lol. Leads to a lot of handwalking and bike work.