1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

'Trouble' the Pit mothers ferret

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

TORONTO -- Trouble the pitbull wasn't about to let a city ban put her breed to rest, instead she fought a stereotype by mothering a lost ferret. Trouble's owner, 26-year-old Shaun Nash, returned to his Toronto home after a walk in the park Monday with his three pits, Trouble, Khila and Kali.

Nash said he noticed Trouble, a rescued pitbull, later wandered into the bedroom with a fuzzy grey toy, which she then carefully placed on the bed.

"I just thought it was a toy and then she started licking it and I saw it move from the corner of my eye and thought "Wow!"" Nash said. "I went over and it was a ferret. It was all cold and she kept licking it to keep it warm."

That night, Nash said Trouble comforted the lost ferret.

"I put him (the ferret) in a crate with a bed and she (Trouble) sat there staring at the cage. Six hours later when I woke up she was still there. I assume she didn't sleep," he said.

Tuesday morning, Nash prepared an empty room in his home to create a "castle" for the weasel-like creature.

He then took it to the vet, had him checked out, and brought him back to his new home.

When he left his home, the three pitbulls -- Trouble and Kali weighing over 25 kg, and Khila 46 kg -- would run lose with the half-kg ferret.

Nash eventually found out the ferret Trouble doted on for two days was lost by a young deaf girl. After seeing signs posted in his neighbourhood about the missing ferret, Trouble's owner, Shaun Nash, returned it to Tara Khatri yesterday morning.

Nash said Trouble, now short a ferret-friend, is saddened and has been "subdued since the ferret left."

Nash said his three dogs, all badly abused by previous owners, show not all pits are aggressive, and a handler could break an animal of its habits.

Nash said any animal could be aggressive with improper handling.

2. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

I like that story!

3. Marty

Marty Guest

Yeah, very seldom is the news about these dogs, good, its a shame.
    :(

4. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

Hopefully the powers to be in ontario will read that

5. good story