1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Turn for the worse

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Defend2DaEnd, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Just wanted to let you all know what has been happening with me. I let the landlord of my house know that I was moving out September the first. Well being that she is old and slow and in a wheel chair I think she took it upon herself to find someone to move into the property asap. She signed a lease right over my lease. I didn't know this and after checking chains, feeding and watering and putting fly repellent on ears and backs I went to work and then to look at a house for rent. I had nine dogs in the yard. Eight had dog houses, one had his dog house stolen by God knows who so I moved his chain where he could go in and out of the garage. Nine dogs had big bright pink water buckets and nine blue dog food bowls. In my yard was Chyna, Folklore, (Fever, Pete, Pastel, Stooge my uncles dogs), Ninja, Bambi and Elle all dogs which I have acquired over the months for various reasons. Partly because my uncle is redoing his yard because the ground he keeps the dogs on actually caved in and slid about four foot down the hillside in Kentucky. So he asked me to keep a few and I agreed because he said he would buy all of the dogs (even mine) Natural Choice. Another reason was because I started showing. I haven't placed but I went to a couple fun shows. Dozer was at my boyfriend Joe's apartment with him and Halo my old dog was in the house pinned in the basement because she has become so old that she will pee anywhere when she has to go. So anyhow the new tenants came to see their new property up close and decided to invite themselves in my backyard. Where they met nine APBTs. They called the humane society stating that there were fighting dogs on my property and I quote one officer "Dozens of them". The Humane Society came and took all the dogs that were outside away. They all had their shots all were liscensed and my uncle had them insured. I returned from work at 7 o'clock to citations. I tried to clear the matter and get the dogs back but within 24 hours the dogs had been put down because of the laws in Ohio and lack of space in the shelter. I had no chance to get them back. I have been crying almost every night over the lack of compassion toward my dogs. I got cited for dog fighting periphineal, not having adequate food (I fed in the morning so of course by late afternoon all the food is gone), and not having proper tags on my dog in the house I registered her as a mix they don't have a Pit mix option and she isn't pure Pit. I mean who knows what she really is just a brindle old wrinkly dog. I had to speak with the director of the shelter directly because everytime I tried to call it went to his voicemail and I never got a call back. The reason I had dog fighting periphenial or however it is spelled is because I had two break sticks, thick collars on the dogs and i had a treadmill that none of the dogs used it's just regular treadmill for people. I cleared up the treadmill and the collars and tried to clear up the breaksticks. I'm taking the landlord to court for the value of the dogs because I feel it is her fault. i just can't believe it happened. now that I am moved I feel a little better than the stress I have been going through but the place I had chosen and was going to sign the lease for I wanted specifically for the 11 dogs. It has 1 1/2 acres of clear flat land and a nice sturdy fence. I ended up moving into a much smaller space because I have decided to stay out of the dogs for awhile because my heart is really broken over all this. My uncle is severally upset and is taking a case against the humane society he doesn't blame me but he is still hurt over all of this. I just wanted to say
    RIP
    Chyna- the dog on my avatar I had her since she was 8 weeks old. She was a bit nervous and didn't get along with other dogs but she was a great dog and she was the last one they took off the property because she was so brave. She was PTS at 12 months old.

Folklore- I had him since he was 4 months old a friend of mine gave me him. He was a beautiful black with a white moon on his forehead. A little bit on the smaller side of 30 lbs at 8 months which is when he was put down.

Fever- My uncle's dog He was a buckskin with black legs and a black nose. Great to be around but his main focus was his rope toy. He was so strong and hard headed you couldn't walk him around the block without getting pulled on your butt. He was PTS at 13 months old.

Elle- Who was part rescue part given to me by someone who saw me walking down the street. She was so skinny when I got her I could put my finger in her rib cage. She was of unknown age and had apparently had several litters. She was light brindle with four socks.

Ninja and Bambi- Brother and sister that I got from a new friend of mine. Both were pure red. I got them when they were 9 months old they were PTS at 11 months. Ninja was so gentle he wouldn't take food out of your hand you had to put it in his bowl. He'd always put his paw on your lap to be petted. Bambi was so fiesty that she'd take on a dog ten times her size just to feel superior. She had a big smile and bright orange eyes. Greatly miss these two because they were my best prospects.

Pete- Pete was white with buckskin spots. He was 6 when he was PTS. Pete was shipped to Kentucky from Texas after he got hurt on a hog so bad his leg had to be amputated and he lost an ear. Pete was just always kind of there but never in the way. He was fine with other dogs except when they showed dominance although he was neutered he was bred a couple times in Texas.

Stooge- Stooge was one of my uncles culls he was neutered but my cousin liked him so much that my uncle kept him. He was pretty colored with a too small head on a big body and big ol ears. He was colored light tan with dark brown brindling. He truly was his name in that he was clumsy and rather stupid. He was PTS at 2 years of age.

Pastel- Pastel was a light buckskin girl with a white face. Shewas 5 years old when she was PTS. She was new to my uncles bunch and was never registered due to her breeder dying. Pastel was very loud and always wanted attention.

I haven't been making that much money in fact i haven't been bringing home enough to support myself and kids because of the incident my job cut back my hours. Another long story. So I don't know when I'll lose AOL but I'll continue to visit as long as i can.

2. cheese

cheese Top Dog

I am really sorry for your situation. You, youre uncle, and all 9 dogs will be in my prayers.

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry for ur loss, i can't believe they put them all down that quick. Can i ask why u chose to rent instead of buying a house to have ur own privacy?

4. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Boiboi-

I am only 22 years old. I don't have perfect credit, haven't had a steady job because the economy in Dayton, Ohio sucks and I can't afford to buy what I am looking for. I went to college for three years and can't find a job worth staying at. It's pretty bad when you have 50 people applying for a $7.80 job and most have been to college for longer than I have. When I can afford to fix my credit and buy a house I will. But for now my only option is to rent.

5. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

OMG!! That is just unbelievable. I am so sorry for your loss, and personally saddened by this though I don't know you or your dogs. This has got me pissed......I can't believe something like this could happen, in the United States of America!!!! What in the hell happened to the rights of the citizenry?? This just strengthens my resolve.....we have to fight harder to erradicate these bullshit laws passed by scumbag politicians. This kind of thing can happen to any one of us. Something needs to be done about this stuff. The parties responsible for the murder of your dogs should be made to pay dearly......

6. NC

NC CH Dog

Wow... sorry to hear about your situation and your loss. Best of wishes... hope things start looking up. Check with the state for a job.. Prison guard ain't a great job but it pays the bills and feeds the dogs.. and its one of the most stable jobs.. always gonna be screw ups out there that need to go to prison.

7. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

I just don't understand why such situations happen to folks like you who are just trying to do the right thing. You have such a good heart. There are so many people out there who would never even fathom the thought of taking in a skinny dog, or helping out someone who needed to temporarily rehome the dogs. And on top of everything else going on in your life....

I seriously hope that you and your uncle prevail over the HS. I know compensation for this matter won't heal emotions, but it was just wrong what happened - and I hope the word spreads about their unjust actions.

Your heart is in the right place, and what comes around goes around. One of these days you will be greatly repaid for all your good doings.

And may the lost dogs rest in peace.

8. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

prayers comming for you and your dogs!!! bless your heart!!!

9. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

I just dont get it...how is it ok for someone to come into my yard...take my dogs and put them to sleep... no matter how skinny fat, ugly cute, scarred or beautiful....Isn't that stealing...last time i looked dogs were property... it doesnt make sense...I am so sorry for your loss...

How could the landlord rent out a house that you were still living at? How could she give them permission to enter the property? What about pressing charges on the ones that entered your property without your consent?

I dont see how this is legal? Please help me to understand...

10. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

sad to here defend and hope it gets better for you,,,,

11. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I hope you and your uncle sue your landlord, the new tenants AND the humane society. There are laws that say they have to keep dogs at least 3 days. They also have to give the owner more than a few hours to contact them. That is such bullshit. But I know where you are coming from. It has happened to me once. and Ohio sux when it comes to Pit Bulls.

ALSO would it be ok to post this to the BSL workshop list?

12. Luke.UK

Luke.UK Big Dog

That is horrid!!!!words fail me.

my prayers go out to you!

13. jessiepbg

jessiepbg Big Dog

Why the hell would a dog fighter keep a 3-legged-dog? This is total BS and the people responsible for this need to be sued for all their worth. It pisses me off when the humane societies get all this power. The government doesn't want to regulate them, so they can do whatever they'd like. Those lawsuits better go through or I'm tempted to walk down to Ohio and take out certain officials at a certain humane society.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's got to be tough to lose all of your dogs.

14. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

THAT BROUGHT SOME TEARS TO MY EYES THINKING OF IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, AND THE LOSS OF INNOCENT LIVES.

I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, I WOULD BE IN JAIL IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPEN'D TO ME... MOTHER F$CKERS WOULD COME TO HATE ME, AND REGRET WHAT THEY DID REALLLL QUICK.

THIS IS ABSOLUTLEY REPULSIVE. :mad:

I HAD AN INCIDENT AT MY HOUSE, AND AC CAME AND TOOK 2 OF MY OUTSIDE DOGS (ONE GOT OFF THE CHAIN AND WAS GOING THROUGH SOME CHAIN LINK TO GET TO A DOG). LUCKILY THEY WERENT IDIOTS, AND LEFT MY OTHER DOGS ALONE. I GOT THE DOGS BACK, BUT THEN I NOTICED AC CONTROL SEEMED TO BE DRIVING BY QUITE A BIT, SO I TOOK NO CHANCES AND MOVED.

YOU REALLY NEED TO GO AFTER ALL 3 OF THOSE IDIOTS, AND GET EM' WHERE IT HURTS!

15. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Pup

Anyone with more than one bulldog in the yard should be worried about this. I know I worry about it if one of them ends up with scar on the face. All it takes is one person to call and boom its my word against whoever.

16. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

D,,,u know how I feel,,you know my heart breaks for u and the dogs,,,I will talk to u soon

17. simms

simms CH Dog

What does that mean?

18. CeeCee

CeeCee Big Dog

Im sorry this happened. I cant even imagine how I would react. My prayers go out to you and your dogs.

19. simms

simms CH Dog

So sorry for the loss of your animals. The HSUS needs to be shut down!

20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I am so very sorry!! Everytime I have been to court once the judge heard,"Pit Bull" it didnt matter what happened. Of course I have never had good luck in the courts of the land.

My heart goes out to you, and I know full well that this could be anyone of us. I have lived where I am now for alittle over a year, and noone here knows I have bulldogs in the back. Heck, you have to be looking to see that this is a homestead from the road.

God bless you and yours. I wish I could change it, but I cant. We had all better wake up and quit fighting ourselves and really do something about it.

J