1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ufc 81?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by screamin'eagle, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Anyone read Fight Magazine? (www.fightmagazine.com) published by the UFC?

I was wanted to get some opinions on Brock Lesnar's (big ass dude from WWE fame who recently failed an attempt at an NFL career) attempt at MMA. For me his fight against Mir on Feb. 2nd. My first thoughts were that this was/is a gimmick, but I don't with Lesnar at 6'3" 275 lbs. and a former NCAA wrestling nat'l champion at the University of Minnesota. I assume he's got a lot to adjust to with striking, elbows, and knees, but I am definately intrigued. What do you guys think?

I guess if he can condition he'll be a load, but Mir is no push over either.

2. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

IMO Mir is washed up. Never recovered after the accident. However, the man has nasty submission skills. So it should be interesting, i guess i will wait to see Brock compete in the cage before i draw any conclusions.

3. jason r

jason r Big Dog

i am a little curious myself.if he cant beat mir, i dont see him going anywhere in the ufc.

4. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

I agree 100%. We are gonna def. gonna find out if he is for real.

5. Danno

Danno Pup

Brock has already had a couple MMA fights. His last one he ended the match pretty quick.

I say, just put him and Kimbo in the cage and get the antics over with...stick with the winner of that match to see if he'll actually cut it against some of the better fighters in the world.

6. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Ick Frank Mir.... He's done.. I hope he looks as crappy in this fight as ever and he doesnt come back!

7. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I agree with you Danno. Let him and Kimbo slug it out and see who makes it out in one piece. That may just be a premonition. I bet it happens within the next year or so. Kimbo is training with Bas Ruten now. I dont know who BL is training with. That should be a good one. "Battle of the HUMONGOUS NEWBS" !

8. I too would like to see that fight lol

According to that article BL is training with Greg Nelson at the Minnesota Mixed Martial Arts Academy (http://www.mmaacombatzone.com/ Nelson's style is Muay Thai/Thai Kick Boxing but his school aslo trains in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu as far as I can tell fron their website, and he also trains Sean Sherk)

BTW...there will be a show titled Fight Science Mixed Martial Arts Sun Jan27th at 8pm eastern on National Geographic. I know it is highlighting Randy Couture, but its one of those shows that measure the force of various slams/strikes, etc. by UFC fighters. Just in case anyone is interested in that sort of thing.

9. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Hell yeah! I've got to see that!