1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Undershot jaw

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by StopAnimalAbuse, Jul 8, 2004.

1. My pitt has an undershot jaw, will that be a problem with her in the future?? She is 5mos old so she does not seem to have a problem now. But in the future will she?

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

do you mean an underbite. if it's not really bad it should not cause any problems

3. I do not think it is that bad. The vet noticed it and she said unless she is going to a beauty contest she should be okay. LOL I am glad she should not have a problem with that. Her tongue sticks out a bit when she sleeps ---- I love it, it's funny. I should have said underbite. Thanks for your reply.

4. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Usually it gets better with age, but that depends on the severity of the problem. As far as affecting her in the future, ´´Well that all depends on your intentions´´.

5. My intentions are to keep on loving her LOL -- I adopted her from the shelter, she was abused by a drunk guy that liked to kick her around. My only intentions are to love her and be her Mommy - I am glad that it will get better as she gets older. I just did not want to think she might have problems chewing (dog food) when she gets older. I am very much against dog fighting and abuse of animals, I
    have no intentions of breeding her either. When she is about 1yr I will get her spayed. Too many animals need homes, I don't believe in exacerbating the problem. Thanks for your reply too.. ( I would put a smiley face here but I do not know how)