1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Update on Kayne at 6 1/2 months(pics)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by viegas703, May 12, 2010.

1. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Here is Kayne at 6 1/2 months. Some of you remember me as the guy who came here with little knowledge on the breed looking for a dog, i got a hell of a hard time but i deserved it. Here is the pup i took in at just 11 weeks from a friend who couldnt keep him. please ignore the collar..its not his.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

A nice looking red nose. I like the picture with his eyes shut most
    It shows off his true shape and structure

3. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I agree. hes a big boy for sure. i like him a lot. how does he look like compared to most 6 month pups?

4. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

He is looking good, and he looks fine for 6 months. Are you walking him regularly or how are you exercising him? Take care.

5. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

gets walked daily..sometimes twice. I play tug with him for a while and let him hang a little but never let him hang full body off the ground, he always has his hind legs on the ground. He has a high drive so its easy to get him to do things. he runs around outside all day with my other dogs.

6. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

He looks good :)
    Get him a flirt pole to bring his drive up.
    What are you feeding him?

7. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I think he has nice look at 6 months he’s gona fill out but his basic foundation structure Seems nice, heads kind of big I believe I heard the head more then any part of the body grow a full 2 years but maybe that’s just a wives tail , I believe it though , there’s a dog were I work last year his head was not really noticeable and a year later his body same size (more muscle) but the head Bigger wider .

8. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

mate hes looking realy good,hes a good size and he is not looking anywhere too big or fat he looks healthy and happy. killer brindle coat too, in your first pics[when he was little] i was unsure if the camera played with the colour a bit but its come out brighter since then.

he looks about right to me, congrats.

9. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Yeah i think the camera made him look darker, the pics that your see on this thread are exactly what he looks like, including coat. I know 40lbs is big but he really doesnt look it. Maybe i need a more accurate weight( I weigh him with me on the scale then i subtract that from MY actual weight). I think hes gonna get pretty tall, hes already got some legs on him. thanks

10. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

40 pounds isnt heavy, just maybee bigger than what im use to for his age. 40 to 45 pounds is my ideal size for a full grown male, i like pocket rockets, the junkyard dog is 37pounds!

im sure there are plenty here who would think different to me aswell!
    either way hes looking good keep it up!

11. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

he looks wel built, dont worry about his weight. What are you feed, coats looks good man. I like mine in the 40's and 50's its a matter of preference more than anything. Havent heard from you in awhile man, good to see some pics up

12. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I like them a little bigger personally, but aslong as he aint overweight i dont mind. i feed Natural balance and raw.

13. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

I have what I consider to be a big dog who's 8 months and 35lbs. My pup will probably end up around 45lbs and thats what I consider big. If you ask me ideal weight for a bulldog is 30-40lbs. But thats just what I like.

If your boy is 6 1/2 months and 43lbs he could easily make it up to the 60's when he's full grown. Its hard to guess really as they all grow a little differently. Like you said though as long as he's in shape no worries. Looks fine to me though. Just a big pup.

14. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Yeah i guess all the talk about game dogs having to be small got to me a little. But i feel hes in good shape. Hes hit a flatline with his weight. Hes was gaining a lot of weight in the beginning but lately is tremendously calmed down so ill see.

15. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

mate he will hit a level where he will slow, and then he will fill out after a while of you not realy noticing.
    there have been plenty of big dogs in the [] over history but more lighter than anything

16. cutt

cutt CH Dog

All those Collar adjusting pics , and its still loose...lol

nice lookin dog tho, and nice pics, thanx for sharin..

17. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

lol YEAH...not even his collar. i used it for the purpose of the pics because all he has is a harness.

18. popper

popper CH Dog

he looks very nice.... like his coat and structure... i would agree with the other member head looks fairly large... he should have some real nice shape at about 1 year half.....has good drive? real active?

19. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Yeah hes big headed( is that a bad thing? is that unusual?) Has VERY good drive and is VERY active. Hes very well trained off the leash so sometimes at night i just hangout with him in the front yard but have to be very careful cause he tries to kill every cat,squirrel,bird, etc etc. I have no problem getting him to do things, i dont have to make him feel interested which is a good thing. I grab a rope and hes ready to go. I dont have a proper flirt pole setup, in other words i just grab a rope by hand and let him do his thing. I will set one up, though.

20. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

It is pretty easy to build the flirt pole, only takes a trip to a home depot or lowes to get a pvc pipe :)