1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

URGENT: I Need Help My Girl Is Sick

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by GalDemSuga, Dec 28, 2005.

1. HEY EVERYONE!!

I just returned from the Vet and Jenavie is just fine. All tests were negative and she was prescribed some antibiotics. They could not give me an explaination for what caused her illness but if the information in the link below is true, then this was probably what caused her illness. I just noticed this article in the forum and its exactly what I was feeding her. I stopped feeding her after she started vomiting, so now I'll be trashing this food.

http://homesteadingtoday.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1116428#post1116428

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I am soooo glad she is better,,nothing worse then a sick dog that can't tell ya what hurts

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

You got lucky with the food if that was it. Most dogs by the time they started acting sick from that (from what I have heard) its too late to save them.

4. Been there.. Lost a litter of six pups last year.. Wasn't parvo. It was the dog food they ate. They had a severe internal alergic reaction to the food. It didn't show until we lost all 6 of them. It came on like it was parvo. Scared me so bad! I was afraid we were going to lose more.

5. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I'm glad everything's okay, gal. The vet should have been able to determine if it was the food by performing a toxicology test.

6. I've been told to observe her closely. I quit feeding her the food yesterday and she purged her system of all of it. She's now eating again but I'm giving her Pedigree Adult.

I checked with Diamond online and the product LOT# and Best Before Dates matches the recall food that is contaminated. So yes I got real lucky.

7. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I don't know if you guys remember me having a sick pup a few weeks back or not, but it just so happens that I was feeding Diamond puppy. Not anymore. They are on Nutro puppy. Glad to hear your girl is doing better Gal.

8. Suki

Suki Guest

I remember...
    I'm glad to hear all is well-
    for both pups!
    Angel on your shoulders, Ladies!!!!!:)

9. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

With pedigree you are going to experience alot more smelly stools. It has alot of cheap fillers in it.

Your dog would benefit if you could buy it Nutro Max, or go even higher and go with Canidae (or if you have a Costco near, buy there Kirkland Super Premium Chicken & Rice Puppy, its pretty much the same as Canidae, but 1/2 the price)

10. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Wait, isn't Kirkland the bulk version of Diamond??? Like Exceed and Maxximum Nutritrion, the same thing but with different labeling?