1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

vick's indictment interesting

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CRG, Jul 17, 2007.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

2. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

"slamming the dog's body into the ground" "drowning" "electrocution"

that's how they "executed" one of the animals. two 9mm bullets are a helluva a lot cheaper, easier, and more painless for any animal.

it's low-life gutter trash like that, that is ruining this breed of dog. idiots only in it for the almighty dollar.

makes me sick.

3. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Actually electrocution is a very common method even at some small animal shelters and it is fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  5. simms

simms CH Dog

If you can name those shelters please do!

6. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

Oh, I was arguing with my girlfriend one time about it, as she saw some clip from that ignorant "Off the Chain" dvd [they were talkin about it on some cable show]. She saw the part about plugging the animals.

I called the Miami County Humane Society (the county where I live in OH) and they said that you can NOT be charged for electrocuting your animal if you choose to put it down. Electrocution is an acceptable means of putting an animal down, in the great state of Ohio.

The lady I spoke with said you'd be surprised how many other places I'd get the same response from.

But still, drowning a grown animal, slamming it into the ground until it dies? That's just cheap, and that ghetto trash needs the same thing done to them.

Again, show the animal some respect [it tried], shoot it in the head, and be done with it. Oh yeah, those idiots probably weren't/aren't allowed to own a firearm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  7. Michele

Michele Guest

it's disgusting.

8. i'd like to hear the dogmen/women of this board comment on this. how you think it affects our breed? how you think it affects you personally? pet people please express your views also!

as always, i'm not disrespecting any dogger........as this complete dumbass (vick) could never be considered a real dogger IMO........but doesn't this stupid shit piss you off?

here's my view:

these idiots dont have enough sense to come in out of the rain. they may as well of sold pay per view tickets as blatant as they got with this ignorant shit. talk about dumbasses ruining our breed and fueling BSL to the extreme! there's been more negative press on our breed since this shit started with one stupidass person than combined in any radio/tv/newspaper stories put together on anything else.

to the people that think pet owners are ruining our breed, please express your views also.

let's keep it civil please, as i am really intrested in seeing what everybody thinks. i don't want this to turn into an argument between board members about each other....i want a discussion from all sides of what they think of this and how it affects us. to those who have spoken their views on other aspects of ownership of this breed. now is the time to step up and speak. i mean it's always said it's the pet owners dogs who end up in the news.

i look fwd to seeing everyones opinion.

9. Michele

Michele Guest

I dont think the responsible pet owners are ruining this breed. I also do not think the REAL dogmen/women are either. It's the damn moron wannabe's that are ruining it. It's the drug addicts, hoodlums, pieces of crap low lifes that are ruining the breed.

10. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

This whole story has been way overblown from the start. The media with their bullshit facts and false information have created the biggest problem (again) for the dog community. I read the entire indictment and it is horseshit from start to finish.

Why would Mike Vick get involved with $500 matches and pups that cost 4 for $1000??? From the story they paint him to be the money man/ gambler that sponsored the whole operation. We all know that a person with money can buy the best dog money can buy and afford to gamble hard, like $100,000 matches. Not taking 7 years to go from $500 matches to 3-5 thousand dollar matches.

Now his associates might be guilty as sin, but IMO Vicks only crime was letting his people get out of control. With Vicks money he could have property way out with soundproof walls, security, underground rooms and all type of secret agent type shit.The entire operation seemed waaaaaay to low budget to be "sponsored" by a multimillionaire.

As far as the methods they used for culling I dont agree with ALL of them (slamming the dog down, IF that REALLY happened) but at least they are staying true to the breed and only keeping and breeding stock they see fit to breed. That is their money and their dogs let it be on their conscious, its nobodys concern if they arent hurting any PEOPLE.

11. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Its both sets of owners that are ruining this breed. You got too many uneducated people in this world and its unfortunately affecting the breed. You got alot of Pet owners that deny or don't understand what they got thus leading to fluffy to be out of control and you got Yo Homey matching dogs training them to be mean cause ya need a mean dog to fight ya know. ( insert sarcasim )

My sister is the local A/C for our town and its sad that these are the only Pits that end up down at the shelter. She never gets the dogs that belong to the educated people. Old timer dogmen do not exatly have thier dogs roaming around free and are usually quiet about thier business , however they end up giving the dog a bad rap when they finally get caught and thats only due to the nature of why they are raising the dogs and having nothing to do with biting of people.

Im not pro dog fighting nor would i ever do it , I can understand those that still do to preserve the breed for gameness and follow the old time rules. The young gang bangers do not fight the dogs any where close to the old time rules thus creating mis-matches and unethical training ( feeding gun powder , steroids , etc ) and end up with man biting dogs. Also young thugs tend to leave thier dogs for dead when they lose or let them die during the fight. Old time dogmen would patch the dogs back up if they lived and would useually keep the dog on property as regular yard dogs......as a very wise dogman told me....There is no money in a dead dog !

Have anyone of you ever seen a Ch dog in the news ? Be it the show ring , weight pull ring or the old time fighting ring you never see those dogs in the news. The ones you see are the morons who don't know what they own or the young thugs and thier "bad ass" pit bulls.

I could go on and on but i'll step off my soap box for now and read some more replies.

1 person likes this.
  12. Michele

Michele Guest

It was up to Vick NOT to let them get out of control. He's as much to blame

13. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

You could NEVER put yourself in his shoes and know the commitments and pressures he faces on a daily basis. You dont think it would be hard to keep tabs on everyone with their hand in your pocket??

14. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

15. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Here is a question for anyone involved with the dogs.

You get a phone call from an associate that respects your opinion, during the conversation the associate asks you what he should do with a cur. You tell him the ONLY answer that is right, which is to eliminate it. BOOOM!! Now you have done the same thing they are blaming Vick for. You are now a low life ignorant gutter trash moron or whatever else people on here are calling him.

16. Michele

Michele Guest

that's part of the responsibility if you want to do this type of thing. If he couldn't handle the responsibility, then he shouldn't of made the decision to dabble in it. Either you are ALL heart in it, or you don't do it.

17. Michele

Michele Guest

eliminating the cur by a bullet is one thing. Eliminating the cur by some of those other ways they are saying is IN HUMANE.

18. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Only inhumane way I heard was slamming the dog on the ground. IMO its not cruel if they slam the dog and it dies right away with little or no suffering.
    Other than the 1 outrageous slamming allegation the other methods they used eliminating curs are VERY common and humane.

19. Michele

Michele Guest

How do you know if that dog didn't suffer when slammed to the ground? I personally do not find electrocution humane, but that's me. I also find hanging inhumane. We have to agree to disagree here I think. :)