1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

vitamins and supplements!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Buck E. Owens, Jul 2, 2009.

1. CTG

CTG Big Dog

never used any supplements but i hear good things about rf-1 and nupro.

2. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

if it is demodex, anit-fungal aint gonna help. demodex is red mange (not contagious). nu stock will clear it up if you only have small balding spots and only a few of them. and nu stock is cheap. you can get it online or at most any pet store, feed store, or farmer's co-op.

yeah the 1% ivermectin is what you need if u wanna go that route. i think i was giving my 43 pound dog around 1 cc once daily for his problem with it, but ask a vet to make sure. dont wanna over-do it.

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

thanks Naustroms........;)

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Okay, it has feeling.... so i kinda ruled out frostbite......

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

rf-1?

What is this? we raised o lot of hounds without hearing about this stuff??....
    :confused:

6. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

frostbite? :confused:

7. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Bro...RF-1 is a supplement for dogs made by T.Garner under the company name CNI. www.getcni.com

YIS

8. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

great product

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

its -20 on good days here, better these days but been a cold cold winter, new dog house's and first winter using this style house, it just appeared on parts I would think would be affected by frost bite, Tail tip, Ears ......the top of the head spot is from his dog house rubbing(too short for his size)(spins around to get comfy, and wears down the hair on top of his head, ...

I'm gunna try Nu-Stock and RF-1 See if i see anything different......

10. art

art Big Dog

super fuel here it wroks well

11. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Try this link Buck, http://www.nustock.com/dealers.html

I got a tube if you really need it but theres a dealer here about 40 min from me that sells the tube...runs at $26 Can a tube.

YIS

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Its not mange.

Since it is so cold there, the weather is drying your dog out. I think NuStock will only dry it out further. Add more liquid to his diet. Chicken broth would be good. Eggs, 1-2 tablespoons of real Salmon oil, and Nupro.

13. bdub

bdub Top Dog

anyone ever use cod liver oil with their dogs?

14. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

No..too much vitamin A to be given every day. Once in a while is ok. Salmon oil for every day.

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Thanks....

16. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I was just thinking of covering spot like a tattoo....to keep it moisturized..

17. art

art Big Dog

u feed like me buck it wroks good here buddy

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

just ordered some red cell. gonna try it on my next keep

19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

never tried it either.... do you run a risk of running hot with that, in dogs that never had it before?:confused:

20. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

From what I've gathered it can cause 'em to run hot. One guy said he uses it just for a pre keep and others say they cut it off a week or two out. From what I here its best to use every other day.

I'm going to use it but cut it off 1.5 weeks out and a buddy of mine is going to use it all the way up to the day off.

edit: I had to order it because my feed store only had the equine red cell. Does anyone know if the equine version can also be used just at much lower doses?