1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vitamins for growth

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by steve04x, Aug 19, 2004.

1. steve04x

steve04x Pup

Sup peps i have been told that Vitamin B-12 with increase my pitts energy,size,and stamina by a few local breeders. They say this works with all breeds of dogs has anyone heard of or used this meathod ?? Also Mugelstons Pitts has enfromed me that useing Vitamins sold by " the ultimate dog vitamin company " work mircles ???

2. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

Mugleston's gets paid for that ad on their website. I've seen identical "reviews" on other puppy mills err "breeders" websites.

A healthy bulldog shouldnt need a vitamin for energy or stamina, they're hard enough to handle already lol

3. AC

AC Big Dog

B-12 is good as far as an appetite enhancer. But I've also seen dogs that have had it and it seems to stunt their growth if given at a very young age. You know what really works and doesn't cost that much? LoL those vitamins they sell at wal-mart with the lassie dog on them. I've given those to the dogs and I see results believe it or not LoL but hell it's worth a shot for anyone to try.

4. isnt muglestons kennel full of those overgrown hogs

5. steve04x

steve04x Pup

Yeah mugelston dogs are enormous they almost look stupid i mean i want my dog to be stout but not fat and his do look fat check out the site, and i talked to him on the phone and he swears by the vitamins..he told me " all pitts have the genetics for muscle but the vitmines i use just enhance that" the stuff he uses isnt exspensive it about 13.00 for a 100ct container so not bad i might tryem out or just buy the Wallmart brand..By the way how would B-12 stunt growth it has al the vitamines you find in red meat ???

6. AC

AC Big Dog

Not sure about why it does stunt the growth but I've seen it happen in several dogs. I believe the owners are giving too much and too frequently and that may be some of the cause of it. I use b-12 5000 in conjunction to livaplex. The dogs do great on it.

7. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I think the reason why B-12 shouldn't be given in large doses because it does stunt their growth and it also causes some other major health problems. Its just a bad thing to do because it causes their bodies to go off balance. Too much of one thing. I've read a couple of articles on this and I'll have to see if I can find it to post it on here. Why would you try to enhance a dogs appetite if its eating ok? Is your dog not eating like it should? Plus B-12 is also a great muscle enhancement as well, but I don't think giving them to a dog is going to blow up your dog all that big. If you really want your dog to get some quality B-12, hell just go buy some beef from the store and feed it to him raw. Give that to him at least twice a week and you'll see the results within a month. Also feed him/her some raw beef liver. Does wonders for my pup. She's healthy as hell. The only supplement I use is a lil extra calcium that I get from ground up egg shells.(she's still a pup and they have higher calcium requirements). Try some other alternatives before you try to get all supplement happy with your dog. Some vitamins are cool though. I'm not trying to knock peopl who use vitamins because there is nothing wrong with that, but when some people start using a particular one, they end up using too much. Hey check out this website and just do you own vitamin adjustments if you'd like. Hopefully this will help you out a bit. Good luck!

http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/riverien/nutridglike.htm

8. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Mugglestons dogs are not a good poster dog for using those vitamins, as that is most certainly not the type of dog I want on my yard. JMHO As far as vitamins I use Canine Red Cell intermitantly.

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

We use B12 when we have a dog that may be acting a tad dumpy to help give it a little boost. Be careful with the red cell crash, as it can help a dog run hot...

BB

10. Onac

Onac Pup

we use nupro for supplimenting the feed to our pups and grown dogs. if you can afford to buy it in bulk, buy it directly from nupro. nupro is the ultimate in feed supplement. if you have some dogs up in age, you might think about using nupro with the additive for joints. take a look at kvvet. to order a small amount to try it.
    i would compare this product to those that weightlifters use in every day training. after a use of nupro for two months it is recommended to cut the dosing to half recommended dose.
    any way give it a try, you will not be disappointed, at all.
    yis
    Onac

11. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

I just bought my 3 month old pup some red cell today, so is this alright to give him?

12. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

As with all supplements you need to know why you are giving them to that dog, red cell is a blood builder, does your dog seem a tad anemic? Does it seem under the weather at all?? There are better supplements that you COULD give your dog, a buddy of mine gives his dogs Metabalol (not sure if I spelt it right) and swears by it...

BB

13. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Forget about the supplements for your pup. Just feed the pup a quality dog food (easy as that)!

14. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Thats what I think. Why does everyone seem soo quick and hype to just start supplementing their dogs. I think that a person should know the nutritional needs of a dog before they go buying supplements. If you don't know what a dog needs nutrition wise and how they utilize their vitamins, then supplements are a bad choice for a beginner. Thats just my opinion.

15. steve04x

steve04x Pup

So trash the B-12 and start useing some quality vitamins ???

16. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I would just use a quality food. if you have a pup and you are using quality food, there is no need for you to supplement your dog. Check out the article on the home page. Its titled, "What Your Dog Reall Needs."

17. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Whats your purpose of using the B-12?? Its not a vitamin that I would use as a supplement to my feed. I'd take the advice here and just feed that pup a good feed, use supplements such as B-12 and red cell only when you have to...like when you may be dealing with a sick dog.
    BB

18. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

Thanks for the advice guys. I picked it up because the person I bought him from said it was a good supplement to give him along with his vitamin powder I give him every morning. I feed him twice a day I was wondering is this good also. He is three months.

19. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Whoever told you this knows nothing about the use of B-12 or just wants you to mess your dogs up. I don't use it and many well known dogmen don't use it either. It's uses are pretty limited and have nothing to do with size, energy and very much less stamina. All your puppies need is a high quality feed, fresh water, and alot of love and attention. All the rest is bullshit.Let a puppy be a puppy.;)

20. GT99

GT99 Pup

B-12 is good for helping increase metabolism and also appetite enhancer in humans, its a common bodybuilding supplement, of course the pills suck ass and dont really do much, the only way to really benifit is by getting the injectible B12, I dont know if thats something you would want to give your dog or not.

I think a good quality foot thats on the higher than average of the protein scale than you should be fine, I also think you can give your dog some Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, they sell it in liquid form, tastes like shit to me, but I mix it with a protein shake, the dogs seem to like it on their food.