1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

walking your dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by natas, Aug 23, 2005.

1. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Oh in dog school, most medium to large dogs were being trained with them. The trainers recommended them. Labs, collies, everything. Not cruel, just a "walking the dog" saver, if it works. lol

2. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

not cruel at all, if used right, we use them on the goats in the show rings. just keeps there attention focused so they don't act silly.

3. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I had two that pulled, my female (Am Staff) and my male (APBT). I used compulsion techniques to train them not to pull, a stiff jerk, a unique voice command I ONLY use when they pull and tight lead to my left side. The AS was quick to accept this method, but with the male dog, his game came out, he will comply but only because he knows I won't give in, not out of desire to do what he is told. Don't get me wrong he is a great dog but he doesn't seem to be threatened by anything and pretty much wants to do his own thing. I really like the idea of using a heavy a$$ chain and makin him work....BUT WHAT WOULD THE NEIGHBORS THINK:D:D

It's more important to me to have control over the female cause her way of makin her dog on dog aggression a public display, my male is cool around anyone and anything. I have the name of a Trainer in Calif. who works exclusively with Pits. I called him as I am on the East Coast and he gave some good tips, there is a great training site for a lot of techniques I have modified based on the info I got here about the Pits temperments and drives. I kinda found a middle ground that worked for me. PM me if you would like the info.......