1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wallace Bloodline

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Mudville_Monsta, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

The site itself isn't owned by me. Some people have ADD and/or ADHD and don't read or look around. The dogs at the top of the page are just posted there by the host of the site. I have my own page there because it is easy to manuver through and my cousin is on there and it is easy to keep in contact with him.
    They have Medication for ADD and ADHD. Just ask your Dr.

2. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

I don't breed for color, get that straight. If I bred for color would I have bred to a Wallace/Alligator Male? What is the recessive color in our breed besides white? Hmmmm. Do some research. Really.

I am not jumping on you for your comment. I don't want to keep dogs of those colors. Plain & Simple. Who is to say what those 2 pups will turn out like when they are mature in 3-years or so? I don't know. It just isn't what I personally prefer to keep on my yard.

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions and can enjoy the dogs of this breed that they choose. In what other breed of dog can you get such a variety? Poodles all look the same (some are just white and some are black), Doberman Pinchers all look the same, Pugs all look the same, but in our breed we get all shapes, sizes, color schemes, and that is why different "FAMILIES" keep different lines. They found a game line and kept it pure to them. I found what I like and what I want to keep and that is that. Plain and Simple.

3. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Yea i got ADD just like you dont breed for color ,i did look around,and the first thing i saw on your site "Mixon kennels" was angels baby is our top female she is a pie bald colby female "white with brown spots" the male is a fawn red nose has great structure and a wonderful temperment.And then you went on to say "THE WALLACE SHOULD GIVE SOME DEEP RED RED NOSES CLASSIC OLD SCHOOL PEDIGREES" and your gonna sit there and say that you dont breed for color.Bulls#!t .But yea your right, i didnt look around much after that,guess you could say i had saw enough.Look dude, what you do with you dogs is your business,just dont go calling them game dogs and saying your preserving the breed.You'll get the people who dont know any better confused.

4. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

dont worry buddy, ive been around a little longer than you might think. gee do i know what a recessive gene is and what happen's when you breed two recessive. infact mate i do. but you said it. now if i really for some reason didnt want a certain color in my line of dogs, which mind you doesnt bother me in the least, i would cull those dogs, i would not sell them or give them away. if im not happy, neither would my fellow dogman be. do i sell dogs at all? NO.and have i ever in my life mentioned anything about the color of one of mine or someone elses, NO i have not, gee wonder why?

thanx, no hard feelings, like i said i just speak my mind and i call it as i see it.
    D'S.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  5. Marty

Marty Guest

I think all the bickering between members need to stop!!! we do have a PM system if you want to fight it out! so lets put an end to all this shit on open forums ;)

Rule # 6. Argue with posts, not the poster.

6. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

K marty..........

7. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

8. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Angels' Baby is a Pie Bald BLACK, and yes sir I do let people know the color of the parents. Next time you say my dogs "AREN'T" COLBY buddy you might want to do some research. When you assume you make an ASS out of "U" and "ME", in this case just "YOU".

And yep, when you stick a Red, Red Nose dog to a dog it most likely is going to throw you a Red dog. Hmmmm. I think you are supposed to take a gander that and let people know what you are expecting from your litter. Seems to make sense to those without ADD and/or ADHD.

THANK YOU for your posts. I enjoy your humor. Made me wake up so glad that I am me and not you with ADD and such a racey mind. I wouldn't enjoy not being able to focus and see life as most people do in a calm relaxing state.

Marty THANK YOU for such a great site for our breed. When I first joined the site in 2005 (I know my join date says June 2006, but I was here in 2005 and all of that information is gone now, I am sure it was this site) there wasn't such bickering. I have never posted as much on any site as I have here in the past 2-Days. It isn't the old days where you can just "PROVE" what you are saying with a visit from the man arguing with and his dog to your yard. I am a man of peace these days. I am a very relaxed soul, and come here to enjoy other people whom treasure our amazing breed, people jumped on the BANDWAGON with colbydogs and that is fine. Just shows me where our society as a whole is going as far as being followers and buying into propoganda that is fed into you. NO ONE does their own reseach anymore. They only believe what their leader lays infront of them on their computer screen.

BLESSINGS

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  9. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

10. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

No, I'd give my dogs away to good dogmen before I 'd try to sell them.

11. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Sorry Marty no more from me:)

12. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

I wasnt going to post on this thread, but c'mon guys..Wallace dogs?. Are you serious?.I think someone has been reading thier Richard Stratton books a little to much..

I am certainly not trying, or going to argue with the poster, but simply state facts..

The late Bob Wallace put his dogs down went his health started to decline which was a long time ago..A FACT that can be verified here, on the second page of this letter written to the late Earl Tudor..
    http://www.freewebs.com/dogletters/bobwallceearltudor.htm

Mr.Wallace put his dogs down 40 yrs ago..C'mon guys..There arent any "pure wallace rednose" or "wallace/alligator crosses" around anymore..

I dont know if the people saying that they have, or had rednose Wallace dogs are ignorant, or in fantasy land, but the truth is the truth..They dont exist..

This post is not intended to disrespect anyone, simply to give facts..

CockneyRebel123 and CLKENNELS like this.
  13. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Very interesting.

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

ya ur right spf the man has been dead for like 50 years but you cant tell anyone anything these days. i did not want to argue with a certain person glad you speek the truth.

15. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Your not going to argue with me when it comes to the Wallace line of American Pit Bull Terrier because it is not my place of expertise. I won't argue with anyone in regards to those dogs or the man (or his Wife).

All a person can do is study a pedigree and try to make sure that they are doing a mating of a pair of dogs of whom carry matching traits and can also can improve one anothers weaknesses.

Your not dealing with an uneducated man here. Your dealing with a College Graduate whom owns his own businesses, whom was born into a bulldog family.

I researched the dog of whom I bred to's pedigree. I just spoke to a friend about this last night before I had even seen SPFDOGS post (I question all men in my areas pedigrees on their dogs, if you lived here you would know why). I sat down with the gentlemans pedigree on his dog and where your seeing Wallace Red Squaw, Wallace Red Rock, Andersons Red Rave, McClintocks Casey, McClintocks Jolly way back there in the pedigree you believe it. Of couse the more modern dogs in the pedigree carry other names but when you have the pedigree there on paper (not hand written) you put trust in it. That is what a registry is there for.

And the posts in this forum were to find and keep in contact with an old game-dog forum member Mudville Monsta and not for anyone else. I see that all the great people that used to be on this forum in 2005 have been "BANNED" or don't post and converse here anymore. I can't help but wonder if it is the new people whom have came to the forum?

16. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

I just had an hour long conversation with the guys uncle, and they swear that they got the dog from you. You don't know of or have a record of passing along a Female a year or so ago to RUDY GONZALES?

Or are you not Arizona Red Rock Kennels and "just posted" their link? If that is the case my mistake. He got the dog from Arizona Red Rock Kennels.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
  17. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

I was just sharing the link

18. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

im not posting to argue, im just gett'n into your head, thats all.
    i want to clear something up. you are saying that you breed to improve the breed. explain to me how you are achieving this please?
    ive read all your post's, all i can see is that "you study pedigree's to base a breeding on" and you are very parcial to the out come of "color".
    you lack the ability to describe what a dogs structure may be, what their ability may be and certain weaknesses may be visible and what you may have done to correct it if need be. can you tell all this by researching your pedigrees? or your uncles/farther experiance with his dogs? do you ever just look at the individual dog deep down and personal?

19. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

Even though this is "game-dog.com" I have to becareful with what I say and respect Marty and his site.

One thing my dogs personally have given so many other dogs is bite. My dogs also are racy and the speed/quickness and ability of which they pass on is a plus. I don't have show dogs, I don't have mutts, I have AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIERS.

To someone whom is looking for a show dog, my dogs aren't the place to look, nor do I sell a lot of dogs (I have only done 2 breedings in the past 4 years). My dogs aren't dogs of Heavy, Thick bone structure, nor do they carry "huge" heads. One thing that I would like to improve is adding pigment to my dogs, not because I am breeding for color, but because the dogs being Line Bred and Inbreed via the family so long, is starting to throw lighter and lighter dogs (Pie Bald Black and Pie Bald Brown with less and less spots) when Line Bred amongst themselves. I don't want to have an Albino trait to ever show up nor Deafness.

You since the moment you came into this post have stated that I breed for color. That has never been something that has mattered to me. My dogs have ranged from Tan (that is what we started with), Brindle and Pie Bald. It doesn't matter what color the dog that I am going to keep is to me. It is about its "Ability", its intelligence, obedience, loyalty and its overall health. (Note: before you try to quote me about not wanting to keep a Blue Puppy or a Chocolate Puppy, plain & simple yeah I am not interested in that and I have that right.)

When putting dogs together I have only looked at them deep down and personal as every dog that I have ever bred since I was 12-Years Old (yes I did my very first breeding when I was 12-Years Old, that breeding is what led me to the line that I keep today, it was off of 2 of my Fathers COLBY dogs. It was his way of bonding with me and teaching me his passion.) has been a dog that I directly own. Only recently have I searched for an Outcross. I didn't want to lose anything from my dogs but I wanted to add a tiny bit of bone to my dogs and pigment. I know Bourdreaux is a nice cross for COLBY but I don't trust any of it around here. I looked into some Carver dogs also. Then I kept hearing about a certain dog around my area of whom was stated to be Wallace/Alligator. I went to the gentlemans house whom owned the dog. Spent time with him and his dog, looked over its pedigree. Kept intouch with this gentleman for over a year and a half (I have litterally spent hours apon hours with this dog and its family). Saw two litters that this Wallace/Alligator dog produced in that time. Those litters were nice litters, he kept a pup from the first of those litters and it turned out to be a nice dog. Nice temperment, bone structure, head in equal proportion to its body (too many oversized heads out here in the California Bay Area), great cordination, stamina. So I stuck my female to him.

The resulting litter? Well it is too early to tell, but one thing that I did accomplish was adding some pigment into the litter. Out of 10 Pups only 4 Pups appeared Pie Bald. I am keeping/and or farming out 3 of the pups with the more solid pigment. I hope within the next 3-Years they show to be true bulldogs and "maybe" I can add one into the Line.

I hope that answers some of your questions. I tried to be detailed.

20. Mr.Mixon

Mr.Mixon Pup

I wanted to take the time really quick to address this. I don't want to keep the Blue Female. I don't believe she is a girl that is going to make any dogman unhappy many a dogman would be happy with her. Do I believe she should be culled? No. I brought her into this world and she deserves a loving home with an owner or family that will love her and cherish her.

On my site I put up a price of $2,000 for her to deter anyone from trying to purchase her that was just looking for a Blue Female to breed and breed and breed because she carries and "could" pass on that trait. Well within 1 day I had an offer from a pretty well known Blue/Bully Kennel in the Los Angeles area for $2,000 for her plus they would pay for her shipping when she was ready to leave the yard. They stated they were going to breed her to a certain Male on there yard. I SAID I WILL PASS. She was only 6-Days old at the time and they were talking about how they already planned on breeding her. And to whom they were going to breed her too without knowing how she is going to turn out or if she is a great match to anything on there yard.

I went the very next night (out in the cold and wet, the Bay Area has been storming lately) and went to a friends house whom is a very very very excellent owner of 2 Blue Dogs and whom is also friends with excellent owners and asked him if he knew of anyone whom was close to him of where we could place the dog whom wouldn't breed her and is just looking for a good quality pet.

If when the time comes if can't find the perfect home for this Female she will infact stay with me. I didn't want her, but She would never be culled. She won't be bred (if she stays with me), she will be spayed and will live a great life as an inside pet. She will be loved as I love all animals, from Piegons (had a pen when I was little) to Roosters to Horses it doesn't matter. Animals period are a blessing to our earth.