1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

water and food setup

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Grizzly's Boss, Jun 4, 2010.

1. i am having problems with my dogs flipping both water and food bowls.
    i have them tied with wire to metal pipes and they chew at the wire until they undo what I did with pliers.

if possible post some pics of your setup

thanks for the help in advance

2. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Concrete bowls work very well.

3. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

i use the stainless steel buckets and i dig holes where about 3/4 of the buckets are in the ground and i put them where they have to have the chain real tight to drink from them. My dogs eat all there food within a minute or two after i feed them so i dont have to worry about the food bowls

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

i use big heavy bowls for horses from tractor supply, buckets cut in half and plastic barrels cut down. the buckets/barrels are for water and stay heavy enough to where they dont really try to knock them over and i keep it a bit out of the chain spot so they have to stretch a bit for it.

the black horse bowls are for food and they get picked up after the dogs eat.

5. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I use metal pans and I nail them to the privacy fence or dog house. In the one with water, you have to put the nail in high. So it doesn't leak and to empty the water out, I just rotate or flip the pan. I don't nail it in all the way so it will rotate easier.