1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight of my 12 week old??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Deva'sMom, Dec 28, 2005.

1. americandream

americandream Top Dog

dont worry i have a big dog as well, 54lbs at 6 mo. i like the larger APBT's. shes adorable.

2. Deva'sMom

Deva'sMom Pup

Well Dad is about 80-90 pounds. One big loveable goof he is too!
    She is just a big girl but her brothers are much bigger!

3. TXGal

TXGal Pup

I have a 5 months(today) male that was 42lbs yesterday when I weighed him. Your girl is a beauty though!!! Her dad is pretty to, doesn't look to be 90lbs, but some of them don't look it. I have a rat terrier that looks about 10 lbs and is 20...looks can be decieving. I have attached pictures of mine and Chad's puppy and my 3 roommates puppies.

4. Deva'sMom

Deva'sMom Pup

Wow, they are so cute!!! What you said about them is so true even with my little girl. People come over and then pick her up and they always sigh.. she's really heavy?!! I love her no matter what she looks like! Thanks for the post.

5. My newest addition weighed 18 lbs at 9 weeks. 32.7 at 15 weeks. 37.5 at 17 weeks and he is now 19 weeks old and weighs 46 lbs. All Healthy. Get a good conditioning shampoo. Mine get the "winter itchies" from the cold :-)

6. Deva'sMom

Deva'sMom Pup

Thanks for the post! I love your quote, it is so true!

7. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Just remember to socialize her ALOT, and spay her.

8. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

oh, and though i dont like the big ones, i can appreciate a cute face. good luck with her.

9. May I add here that my Apollo is huge and at 18 months old we just had hip surgery on him yesterday. Bigger is in no way better and I found out the hard way. He is worth every penny I put in him because he is great dog with a great temperment but so far I paid a lot of money to buy him and I have put a few thousand into allergies and now $800 into hip surgery and maybe $800 more if the other hip doesn't hold up. He weighed 102 pounds before I found out about his hips and I took 12 pounds off him so far and have about 5 more to go. He wasn't fat at 102 either. He was taking two 2 1/2 mile walks a day plus lots of yard time to run and play. I did not buy him because his parents were huge I bought him because I loved the parents temperments and I was looking for a pitty for Therapy work. His Therapy is on hold now for at the least 8 months. My new pup Raven is 11 weeks old now and weighs 15 pounds and is a chunk butt. Anyway, my point was that if you go for bigger you may end up putting a ton of money into making your dog pain free.

10. Buddy of mine has a rather large Razors Edge (NOT BASHING THE BLOODLINE) He cannot stand on his two back legs with out limping around for 2 days afterwards. He is inactive yet hyper....basically, he wants to move around and do stuff, but he wont because it hurts him. Its sad, cuz he's a good dog...about 80 lbs un exercised. Still...they are going to use him as their ONE AND ONLY stud dog for their entire kennel operation. I tried talkin them into gettin his hips checked....but NO. The almighty dollar take front seat. I like big dogs....but the way they are bred is sometimes sickening.

11. WWII

WWII Banned

I just took my dog to the vet yesterday for some more puppy shots and a dewormer. At 14 weeks old, he tipped the scales at 19.1 lbs. I have a feeling he's gonna be like his mother. I put some weight on him when I first got him because he was really skinny. I'm pretty sure he was the runt, but he's just so active to keep any other weight on. He looks fine though. Tough lil sh*t....

12. Deva'sMom

Deva'sMom Pup

Well let me just say this because my post has gone off my topic. I did not search to buy a large dog! I bought this dog because the parents are just wonderful and I really wanted a pit bull! I could care less how big my dog is or gets for that matter! I posted my question because I have never owed an APBT, and I wondered what the growth rate was like. As long is my dog is happy and healthy that is all that matters to me! Thank you all for the great posts anyway.....

13. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

That's tiny compared to Scrappy! He is 30 lbs at 5 months. But then again, I rescued him from a byb that just bred for the money.

14. Thats what my Apollo is Razors Edge bloodlines. I neutered him awhile ago and I am glad I did. Breeding for money is sick on its own but breeding a dog with messed up hips on top of it makes me angry. I know what we are going through with Apollo right now after surgery and believe me its no fun for him or us. I haven't had any sleep because he needs to go out and be turned over and wants me to lay with him because he is used to being on the couch with us.

15. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

lol i thought my dog was big. He is a week shy of 5 months and he weighs about 35lbs.

16. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

....sorry for bringing up a thread that is 5 years old..lmao..i didnt even realize.