1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Well, the worst is over

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by purplepig, Jan 7, 2008.

1. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Some of you who know me, know that I have been facing a surgery that could, and has effected my life with the dogs. I did get the total hip replacement a couple weeks ago, but before this I thinned the yard down considerably. I thinned it down to 7 dogs because it is too much for me to ask my wife totake care of the 38 dogs I had, the kids and work, oh, and me, as I am limited at the moment. I was very lucky to find three different enthusiasts to take them off of my hands, give them a great home, and also the help with the medical bills. I miss them terribly, but I can tell that the new owners have already fallen in love with them.
    Just wanted to share with the folks here who know me what has been going on.
    Hope you all have a great new year.

2. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Its good to hear that u are doing better, i hope everything turns out good for u in the long run

3. Damn total hip replacement?:eek: Holly Crappolly Batman!

Sorry to hear about this man! Too much sex does that to a man. I really hope you heal up quickly. I do not pray but will send my best inner energy your way.

4. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Damn man! Im sorry to hear about the issues. You must have one hell of a woman to take care of all that for you. Best wishes!

5. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

purp,

sorry to hear. was it one side or both? My grandad had one of his done and he was up and around in no time. Be like any old bulldog and keep scratchin' youll be healed up in no time. best wishes.

6. simms

simms CH Dog

Good to see you posting! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

7. ayobreezie

ayobreezie Big Dog

Damn.. that is sad to hear.. total hip replacement sounds pretty crazy. Wonder how the xray would look. Wish you the best of luck.

8. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

So glad to hear from you!!!!! All my best for a speedy recovery!!!! :)

9. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Glad to hear from you and I will pray for your speedy recovery. Good to hear that you have found good homes for your dogs.
    Hope you recover well enough to be able to ride again also. I know how improtant that is to some folks who love riding bikes.
    Good luck and a Happy New Year!

10. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

It has been awhile. Glad to hear you are ok. And I will pray for a speedy recovery.

11. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

That is good news Purp....

12. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Update:

A little over a month, and I aint even using a cane!! Already doing things that I was told I'd never be able to do, as far as mobility! I miss the herd, but am in constant contact with those who have them, and they are just ecstatic over having them, and that does bless my heart. They are allowing me to kinda mentor them, which they were a bit more then they thought they were getting themselves into, which I kinda knew, but after a few incidents, we all seem to become a bit more teachable.
    I am really blessed, as I was told that anytime I wanted anything off their yard, it would be bred how I said, and I could have whatever I wanted, and you just dont know,(well, some of you do) what that meant to me. One of the dogs that had to go was the very last one I had out of our family dogs. It was hard to let her go, but from what I was told, no way I could put that on a 8 year old and an exhausted wife. Now I'll be able to bring that back onto the yard in a future breeding.

Thank every last one of you who prayed for me, and sent kind words my way. Every prayer was answered, 10 fold!
    May it all come back onto you 100 fold!!

YIS
    J

13. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Good to hear that things are going well for you. Sounds like you found the right people to take over with the dogs. Also, good to hear how well you are progressing! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!