1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What are the best Eli strains and the most proven crosses

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Newb, Aug 7, 2014.

1. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

If you see a great dog you want to breed to don't breed to him if you can breed to the dog that PRODUCED him. ..that's what the old timers did..as far as an Eli strain goes like everyone has thus reiterated so far Eli is long gone and many people besides Floyd beaudrout have been breeding these dogs and some shouldn't have been bred at all..I like the dogs down from mt. Man's ch. Homer...the rascal dogs..which have Eli in thier blood..very hard mouthed dogs and game as well..they usually crossed good with jeep dogs ,red boy, Colby cross...when we bred gr.ch.shady lady to a double bred grandson of Finleys ch. Bo (a pure Colby dog) it produced a carbon copy of shady lady...a devastating bitch we called shady black...sometimes don't worry so much about the pedigree. Always breed best to best and you can't go wrong...just make sure dog is game...

2. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

I foroot to tell you keep your Eli brood stock tight..when you see your starting to lose traits you are trying to keep cross it out a little with some different Eli blood...Eli blood but out of different line than you have... keep your Eli brood stock tight then you outcross it...you outcross for your battle stock. .same way thoroughbred race horses and prized cattle and chickens have been bred for hundreds of years...some people are more gifted than others...I was at one time able to off the top of my head name every 256 ancestors in a 7 generation pedigree of every one of our more than 50 dogs we had on our yard...that came from years of studying many pedigrees of all the dogs..even dogs of bloodlines I didn't have. ..so I would be better suited to make an informed decision on who to breed who with...when my partner anthony wanted to breed gr.ch.shady lady to a son of ch.turtle. we had on the yard named towbar...I pleaded with him for days till I talked him into breeding shady lady to her brother elwood..everyone tried to tell me that would be to tight...but of course the rest is history and it was a Fantastic breeding which produced shady bill (por) and shady Sadie a great bitch which also produced some great dogs ..there was jimmy which was a devastating mouth dog bUT he would up quitting. ..the only other male wound up in Japan and I lost track of him..go with your gut instinct when breeding these dogs

3. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

One more thing...papers...you hear all the controversy on the great dogs like honeybunch,Eli ect.. it not being bred the way the papers say...you can't change all that all you can do is make sure you don't foul anything up more than is already done...keep meticulous records of all the dogs you breed and all the dogs in a litter...you look at all the old dogs like searcys jeff, centipede. Dibo, study the pedigrees off all the greats see what blood clicked to produce them..talk to other breeders and watch the weight pulling shows to see what works. ..from there you can make up your own mind as to what to do with your yard..remember be very hard on your dogs
    ..give them time and be patient with them but when it's time cull them hard...remember you are building a foundation with these dogs... a family. ...I remember the parable jesus taught ..a wise man built his house on the rock a solid foundation for his home .when the storm came and blew his house stood the storm...the foolish man built his house apon the sand...when the storm came and the winds blew his house came tumbling down..because it was not built on a solid foundation. ..same with your dogs get you a solid foundation to build upon and they will stand the storms and the test of time...

4. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Great Eli insight

5. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

I forgot to explain why you breed this blood tight..when you come upon an exceptional dog say shady lady or an exceptional bloodline that's producing you want to close the gene pool...that's the reason for inbreeding and linebreeding..to keep the exceptional genes intact with that certain dog or line..you do not want to introduce any other blood at this time..except when you outcross for battle stock..keep this outcross for later cause your going to need it when your brood stock starts to lose its vigor that's when you breed your outcross dog with it then you take that blood and again linebreeding and inbreed upon it as well....when you keep the gene pool closed you keep the exceptional dogs coming from that blood...it's when you start breeding outside that family that you open up the gene pool and the tumblers are no longer in place to open up the lock so to speak you now have too many variables in the combination. .I hope this is helpful to anyone out there this is same way all the old timers bred these dogs look at all the old blood like the gas house dogs, the bob Wallace line, lightners, the way earl Tudor bred dogs it's been this way for hundreds of years for a reason as its the tried and true method. ..just use common sense and breed best to best .don't let anyone ever tell you "you can't make that breeding it's too tight"...if you have an eye for your dogs you will know when you start to lose the traits you were breeding for and trying to keep when you start to lose that then you infuse some similar blood into your brood stock....sa me blood only out or different line...if you do your research all these bloodlines and I mean every single bloodline in existence today all come from the same foundation stock hundreds of yeas ago...just as we all as humans are related to noah and his family who replenished the earth after god destoyed it with a flood..

6. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Good read boiler.

7. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

[​IMG]

This is how I like my Eli click on Pic for ped.
    A lot of old school heads will know what this is.

8. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

9. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

[/QUOTE]

Rodeoman...love this blood real old school..man I wish I had some of it..look at the pedigree. Do you see the dog. Jackson's shampoo? Back in the 7th generation..shampoo was off of Jackson's ch. Bocephus and perry's big missy...well we had the littermate sister to Jackson's shampoo....her registered name was bancrofts miss piggy..born in 1978 and she died in 1991..big solid white bitch...looked like a male huge barrel chest and huge head...I think I have some negatives somewhere with her on it..I'll have to look..she was the last living grandaughter of arts missy, Eli jr. And carvers stopanato...she was one of my favorites. .

10. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

Rodeoman do you have any of this blood?

11. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

Shoot me a pm with your info a friend of mine just had a litter off majors litter mate brother

12. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

Clear your inbox rodeoman

13. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..getting back to thread ...the best strains.....are the winning ones...lol..

14. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

To me there are no bad strands of Eli just bad combinations. One bad breeding can set u back 5 years. I say this all the time Mr. Lemm told me this STICK TO THE BLUEPRINT. " If u need to breed go back 6 generations then add what ever out thay used just make sure it's still working. This takes out all the guess work."

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..yep..good point..to have a good recipe before ya throw it in the blender...