1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What can i do

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by CB, Sep 6, 2005.

1. CB

CB CH Dog

Do you think he needs more conditioning. If so how much weight and how to go about it. All i been doing is hand walking him and riding on the bike with him. All help would be appreciated.:D

Attached Files:

2. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

looks like to me you can take alot more weight off him. looks like you were jus putting him in a pre keep. doesn't look wor ked to me. JMO

3. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

this is what one should look like after being in a keep

Attached Files:

4. CB

CB CH Dog

Yeah i know i dont want him to leaned out because its about to get cold here in a couple months. But would like to knock off a couple more pounds off him. He used to weigh 52-54 pounds and i been working him for about a month almost everyday and i got him down to 48 pounds. How much more you think should be knocked off.

5. CB

CB CH Dog

in a keep?

6. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Big Dog

how long do you walk em?i usually walk myn for 2-3 hrs daily, except for when its raining than i use the mill.but for the most part i hand walk and swim.watch how much you feed too.i was told that if you take what ur feedin him now and split it in 2 meals thatll be alot better for them.jmo

7. CB

CB CH Dog

I feed him about 2 cups every night at 9:00.

8. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

it depends all on your dog. take weight off and see how he works and pulls. when he starts to not work as hard or not pull the leash as hard put a lil on and see how he does. every dog is different it is trial and error

9. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Big Dog

id feed before work.start slow until hes emptied out than get in it more serious.i also agree with seark, every dog is different.

10. CB

CB CH Dog

He pulls the whole way i walk him. Those pictures were tonight and i walked him about 2 1/2 miles a day.

11. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

then take some weight off him, decrease his food a lil bit. but it is better to take the weight off with work and feed more.

12. CB

CB CH Dog

Alright what type of work would you recommend me doing. Only thing im really wanting to is tuck the stomach in from the bottom. Do you think he is overweight or looks unhelathy? Look in my gallery and you'll see the difference hat i made with him but still not statisfied.

13. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

i would keep up the hand walking and roadwork. i would add a lil weight pulling. decrease his food also. and do not feed before you work him. always feed after he has cooled down from the workout and make sure you give him a good rubdown also. he looks healthy he is jus not gonna win any conformation contest looking like that. IMO

14. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

He doesn't look unhealthy to me. But, he could lose a couple of lbs. If your dog has a high prey drive like he should, you may want to try a flirt pole. They will give the dog alot of exercise.

15. CB

CB CH Dog

Im not losing the weight for any kinda of show just want him to look good and not everweight. I do have him on the flirty pole. I think i will get about 2-4 pounds off of him to get him where i want.

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Spring pole work will get the stomach looking real nice in no time. Decrease his feed say 1/2 cup and see what that does for you. Also, if you can feed him 1/2 his share early morning and 1/2 in the evening it will be much better for you.

17. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

my boy was a hundred in the beginning of this summer but now hes down to 20lbs an dlooking sharp......but now he has to gain it back to keep the cold from getting to him.

18. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Your dog lost 4/5'ths of his bodyweight? :D Am I reading this wrong or what?

19. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

oops hehe what i meant was he got down to 80lbs.........hehe hopefully that is still good for you rock 14 to say aww your on the right track???