1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What does ADBA really think of UKC dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TRUEPITS, Nov 16, 2009.

1. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

Hey you guys. As you all may or may not know I have dogs in both registry they are shown in seperate registry. I do consider the UKC registered as APBT as amstaff.
    Recently in the Gaff board I have some fellow friends of Gaff here also... a gentleman has put his 102lb dog...Actually nice looking dog just big muscled dog. Anyways I find it interested how people bashed him and said he was outside of UKC standard(really is). But I mean when i really think about it that is how the dogman must of felt when seeing their precious TRUE APBT's now being bred like the AKC amstaff just for beauty. And have these UKC people say these dogs are American Pit Bull Terriers. I was wondering today how do you feel about these UKC dogs. I feel UKC people should keep quiet stop complaining about Bullies I mean in reality they started the lil american bully thing in reality no???ooh some UKC folks would get upset at me talking like this oh well...
    heheh anyways I still love my ukc amstaff's they make great pets. And there is a big difference between UKC amstaff and AKC true amstaff's. But i do recognize they don't contribute anything to the breed other then have more people to help stop BSL. But as far as preserving the breed these UKC dogs are not IT.

Ayways wanted to see what you guys feel vent it out....about these UKC dogs. What do you feel they are not doing or doing to the APBT name and future...

2. ganja

ganja Big Dog

they are IMO amstaffs...
    I don't see the UKC type as a true athlete, and I won't even begin on how bad they would preform in the []

the apbt is a working dog, and once you start breeding for LOOKS only, it can no longer be an apbt...

nothing wrong with amstaffs, but just call them what they are, period :)

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

........no.

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I thought that the mason blood was mainly reg.UKC and for the most part kept game

I could be wrong though

5. k_pbs

k_pbs Pup

Do you mean that a dog becomes amstaff because it is registered in UKC? If there are only pit bulls back in the pedigree and the dogs are breeded as pitbulls, they have to be pit bulls?

If there are only amstaff blood in the pedigree they are amstaffs. If they have both APBT and amstaffs in the pedigree, as I understand many of them have and I mean all generations back, they are cross breeds, not purebred dogs. Not APBT and not amstaff.

It is news for me if every dog with APBT pedigree in UKC are falsely registered.
    I have thought there where both real pitbulls and fake pitbulls in UKC. But perhaps I´m wrong. I don´t know much about UKC. I learn something every day though hopefully.

6. ganja

ganja Big Dog

I'm personally talking about the UKC type dog...
    if you look at the chart baha has made, how can you say the UKC type are apbt's?
    to me, they really don't look like apbt's but like amstaffs.

I have yet to see a ADBA type of dog get the CH/GR CH status in the UKC ring and a UKC type of dog get the CH/GR CH status in the ADBA ring...
    but I can only reley on internet considering where I live, so maybe I missed something...

7. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

well there has been one dog to grand both in adba and ukc i think a dog of adba stature could place in UKC ring but UKC dog would not place in ADBA ring...

I mean I see people in UKC talking bad on the american bullies because they breed otuside of breed standard but reality is aren't we all in UKC then, our kennel ourselves we put performance and health and temperament before "beauty" but reality is most UKC dogs are shells lack drive and are not APBT period..regardless of what they are registered...My ukc dogs are amstaff's. I dunno I get angry when UKC people bash american bully people saying OH you call that dog APBT but you are not breeding according to APBT standard I see it as UKC is not the APBT standard as well so UKC people are truly not breeding an APBT...so kinda of ironic.

Let me make this clear for everybody I do like and appreciate all registries and all dogs I do recognize the reality of what the true APBT is and what registry it lies in ADBA.

Ok so lets make it more interested UKC peeps vs American Bully people almost same crowd, are they both ruining the breed. Or just one side is???what r your real thoughts...

8. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

[​IMG]
    28 pounds of UKC Champion. She's ADBA pointed.

[​IMG]

UKC grand, ADBA pointed, a couple firsts, though all her showing was in the 5 and ups. She's 11 now, in the pic. Her dam was an ADBA grand, UKC ch.
    That being said, I do tend to agree that many of the UKC dogs are very amstaffy in structure and temperament.

9. Jelet

Jelet Banned

agreed. Most of the so called registered ukc "apbts" with the "UKC standard" are nothing but fat amstaffs. I do not consider them to be apbts.

10. To begin with, no registry determines if a dog is a true APBT whether it be ADBA, UKC, NKC, AADR, CKC or whatever. There are plenty of ADBA registered dogs that aren't worth their weight in food. With that being said, I know where you're coming from. The UKC has a stricter set of standards to what they think the ideal "APBT" should conform to. The *typical* bully owner thinks that if their dog has a huge head and a fat ass, then it must be worthy of breeding. It's an excuse to get paid for doing nothing more than letting two genetically challenged AmStaffs f**k and throw some pup$. That's not saying everyone in the bully community thinks like this and some of the bully breeders have a strict program they adhere to but they are far outnumbered by naive backyard bully breeders. This is the main reason why showdog breeders bash on bully breeders. Both crowds have went far astray from the standards of a true bulldog and neither have the right to call thier ASTs American Pit Bull Terriers.

11. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

The way i see it their are 3 different breeds. Apbt and their standard is based around gameness. That is what they are bred for. Amstaffs and their standard is based on structure and appearance. Bullies are bred for size only IMO. I dont think you can judge these dogs by their blood. If you take gamebred dogs and start breeding for the showring the results are gonna be amstaffs. thats how they came about to start with and that what you are gonna get. The lose drive, performance and DA. Bullies are all about being big and having large heads. Structure and Performance doesnt matter to most breeders that i knwo of. NOt sayin all of them but from what i have seen...

12. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

First picture is VERY IMPRESSIVE specimen.

This is my UKC CH. ADBA Pointed Male.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ_2F3Q0FHs[/ame]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. k_pbs

k_pbs Pup

If you have a pure bred and register it in UKC it won´t become any less pure bred. It has off course to do with the genetics and which dogs are in the pedigree. Remember that there are also amstaffs registered in ADBA as APBT and so on, as already said.

That UKC systematically false register Amstaffs as APBT and can not be trusted as registery, is another thing.

But it is an important information that many, perhaps most, APBT registered UKC dogs are Amstaffs falsely registered as pitbulls. But some makes it sound like a dog automatically is not pure or vice versa because of where it is registered.

Obviously if a dog have Amstaff familys in the background it wont be a pit bull wherever it is registered. And I think UKC is the organisation that do these things systematically.
    So, be careful if you buy an UKC dog, the risk is evident it is an Amstaff. If someone don´t know if it is an APBT or an Amstaff, that person have´nt done his homewotk enough to buy a pitbull anyway.

A pit bull owner has to know more about the dog he/she buys than to have to go after where it´s papers comes from. You have to know what you are buying. Not to speak of what you are breeding.

these dogs, the pure APBT´s, are endangered. They should not be breeded if the individuals dont have anything special to contribute to the breed.
    That UKC falsely registeres Amstaffs, a dog that are brede just to get pups to sell, is an example of one of the nails in the APBT breeds coffin. To breed these dogs are an act that threatens the APBT breed.
    there are far to many pitbulls and "pitbulls" out there. The shelters are full of them. They are euthanized every day en masse. They are banned in many countries and states, even in their own country. You have to have very good reasons to breed them, and that should be done only by "proffesionals with long and deep experience.
    It is not something for the average dog owner who just want to have puppies. That is an irresponsible and selfish act and should not be supported.
    And... unfortunately UKC seems to support the exploatation to death.

No friend of the breed should support that.

14. ganja

ganja Big Dog

no, leslie got some NICE looking apbt's, but most of them are not like her dogs...

most UKC dogs are IMO amstaffs and look nothing like her dogs...

15. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

well i can register my ukc dogs in adba and vise versa I'm not talking about that when you say UKC dogs are dogs that are not game bred dog...You can see the difference in pedigree and DOG talk from ADBA and UKC people period...Most Purple Ribbon UKC dogs have amstaffs. And yes some UKC people have dual UKC and AKC dog registered as apbt in UKC and amstaff in AKC.
    So when we talking about UKC verses ADBA dogs we are talking no just because they are registered but pedigrees both carry different dogs as far as in general talk you might have some gaem bred dog registered with UKC but few and few true bulldogs would place in UKC ring. AKC has a better chance to place in an UKC ring.

16. I agree 110.75% with Mr. Smith!

17. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

anyways bottom line is I feel maybe UKC should start calling and registerign their dogs and my dogs as Amstaff's...Owning a true game dog versus a great UKC dog I can see clearly the difference from the two breed's. Anyways only in America too tihs happens other countries would not register an registered amstaff as a apbt. its two seperate breeds if there is amstaff in a apbt pedigree then its a mutt cannot be registered.
    I feel although we need to be "together" against BSL and i'm the first one to preach that one I feel also there is too much confusion within ourselves I think one problem is because of that. YOu say poodle a structure similar image of a breed type dog will come to mind you say apbt on every mind there's a different type. Its kinda like a cursed blessing.
    But I truly think a way that would iliminate confusion ...in a ring we should have amstaff and apbt competing against each other not imitating each other in the ring

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

A pedigree isnt what makes an apbt. What makes a apbt is select breeding for their standard which is gameness. When you breed for something else you start coming out with amstaffs and bullies. idk what the papers say, the personality of the dog will change. U can have dogs that have great looking pedigrees that are all a bunch of wall jumping curs if depending on what you use as ur standard for breeding...

19. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

MR.Smith although you have some truth to the american bully world you don't have all teh truth...They have sanctioned shows organized with structure conformation very strict also at this point. And now I see most UKC AKC owners are now American Bully owners as well. so your statement doesn't hold true. See UKC does have a structured conformation for the APBT breed but the fact is the breed in UKC is not judged up against anything...Its not judged according to what it was bred for. its a toss up in the air from one judge to another...so UKC conformation doesn't hold true APBT. anyways that is just reality...now doesn't make a dog not pure or pure if registered in either registry. But what makes it difference is the reason why the dog is being bred for and what is being posted as the true APBT to their standard. You can clearly see the difference between UKC and ADBA dogs. So how does people who still breed the breed for what is was bred for feel when UKC people speak on having the true "modern" APBT. Its kind ahow UKC peopel feel when we hear American Bully people say they have the "new" american pit bull terrier

The more I know the more I truly feel we need to change the UKC dogs now to call them Amstaff's and like I said I would like to have the two breed compete against each other in the ring like it is in other countries.

20. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

the pedigree tells you how the dog was bred and guides you to know if it is an apbt or not...I do not iliminate the pedigree sorry...