1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best dewormer

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Deep south, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

what is the best dewormer a person can buy for there 9 month old dog that is easy to find please let me know soon for I am going monday to buy it thank you

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I like Panacur for my adults. It rids the dogs of hooks, rounds, & whips. If your dog has tapes, I like Droncit.

3. Classic

Classic Big Dog

I agree with MiaKoda...

I like Panacur for my adults. It rids the dogs of hooks, rounds, & whips. If your dog has tapes, I like DroncitPLUS !
    You can purchase Panacur labeled as Safeguard for goats at the feed store...about $15 for a bottle...worm 3 days in a row !
    Pyrantel Pamoate is the most economical for small pups !
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

4. I like Drontal Plus best, might be it's sold as droncit plus abroard.
    Look at the decreption and as long as it gets rid of those: <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top> Toxocara canis</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Toxascaris leonina

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Uncinaria stenocephala</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Ancylostoma caninum</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Trichuris vulpis</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Echinococcus granulosus</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Echinococcus multilocularis</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Dipylidium caninum</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Taenia spp.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Multiceps multiceps</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Mesocestoides spp</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    it's good and safe.
    I try to get another dewormer every other time, as worms can get resistent to certain drugs.
    My pups I used to deworm every six weeks and nowadays they are dewormed every 12weeks. If I was living somewhere less rural I'd only deworm twice a year though.

5. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

panacure/strongid/droncit

6. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

Thank you ...........