1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is up with the ADBA?

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Scotsman, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Man, I must have been under that rock for longer than I thought. I was looking at the ADBA website and saw that they are starting to register any pure bred dogs. That sucks, what a sell out. What happened to them?

2. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Yeah I saw that. It wouldn't bother me as much if they at least stuck to bully breeds and/or terriers but the US already has enough all-breed kennel clubs. :rolleyes:

3. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Also heard that they will be registering the American Bully. Not sure if it is true, though

4. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I agree, why do we need another all breed registery? Well, when Ralph Greenwood bought the ADBA he was going to register APBT's, AST's and STB's. I feel it is just another way to distance themselves from the APBT.

So another point is then they are going to have to recognize the AST as a seperate breed from the APBT, you can't AKC standerd Amstaff's judged in the same ring as APBT's

5. kenny236

kenny236 Pup

No No No really ralph bought the adba for regestering apbt's only and they started registering all pure breads so the could raise money to fight the apbt ban laws they have lost and won but all in all done a good job and tried to fight as hard as they can to keep the breed alive

6. kenny236

kenny236 Pup

Ralph bought the adba to register apbt's originally nothing else but the adba started registering all breeds to raise money to fight bsl and apbt bans they have done a pretty good job they dont just keep the money for themselves at all

7. kenny236

kenny236 Pup

Adba does only conformation shows for apbts no other breeds