1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what kind of music do you all listen to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by feastodg, Jan 4, 2010.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm not that much of a rap fan at all and I wouldn't even consider myself that big of a music fan at all. My wife on the other hand sweeps every section on music when watching jeopardy, LOL Down who wrote what and who covered what.

From the outside looking in, just like everything else the last guy has to be one-upped by the next guy. One must out gangsta the next.

I found it so funny that when Michael Irving's son went gangsta Irving said on TV, "but you come from a gated community". I thought that was sort of 'typical'.

To show how far out of touch with rap I am maybe 10-12-14 years ago we were in the upstate area of SC and I met this guy named Earl. We talked, we hung out for few, seen some things, loaded up and drove home. On the ride home my buddy asked me did I know the guy and I said other than some called him Earl and some called him D, nope don't know him.

I was then introduced to rap music by a guy called DMX.

I was that really square white guy that is such easy material for most every black comedian.

S

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That was a pretty good introduction to rap. Lol. I mean, DMX was a top tier artist in the genre. Plus he had and understood these dogs.

Bloodline, Scratch all day, Match all weight, only dogs eating are us, we snatch all plates,
    Err, ERR ERR get em boy,
    Click, click, Pop the leash, hit him boy,
    Niggas brag about waggin, we stop the tails.

He got a song about the dogs in all 5 of his albums he put out. Last album titled: Grand Champion.

chili likes this.
  3. slim12

Yep. They told me stuff like that on the ride home.

It was a puppy picnic when I met him.

As you guys name off some of the rappers above if one walked in the door right now I would again be totally clueless.

Just as clueless as I was that day way back when.

A friend of mine just read this and texted it's bad when someone could name drop someone you actually met and you still have no fucking clue.

I'm going with ignorance being bliss.

Sorry to get off the music topic.

S

4. chili

chili Big Dog

Eh rap has often been fueled/hyped by drama. It’s like the WWF of the music industry. No knock on wrestling there.

Kendrick Lamar is fire. One of the greats! Oh yeah I’ll get down to some gates too.

But do yall listen to LaRussell? This dude does not quit! Stays grinding.

AGK likes this.
  5. chili

chili Big Dog

It’s interesting how many songs/artists mention the dogs across nearly every genre. Some more obvious than others but it’s there.

AGK likes this.
  6. chili

chili Big Dog

Wooooooooooo another banger by laruss

7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

The homie went to miss hots house years ago. When he walked in DMX was sitting on the couch holding a pair of pups.

Gates used to be heavy on the bulldog talk too. "Ive fought dogs, chickens, and niggas"

8. slim12

Maybe the funniest part is that I had to be told afterwards and still had no idea.

The dogs are far reaching and I think a lot of us would be surprised if the who's who list was actually made known.

9. slim12

Also, I listen to a lot of the youtube videos you guys post and the guy that did the "if Morgan Wallen were Black" and the Tracy Chapman "Fast Cover" were really good.

Most of the artists that are posted is the first time I ever heard of them too.

I'm more of a "if the radio makes noise and passes the time as I drive" music fan than anything.

Nice thread.

S

10. BTOIP

BTOIP Pup

Youtube me the song, my good sir

11. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Think it was on the same mix tape as push it... I couldn't tell you but he's walking around a parking garage bumping his gums then they have mandingo fights going after the opening in the video. Shit may be push it honestly.

I mean his first labels name and subsequent mix tape and album names sums it up.

12. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

There was a pretty well known dog(not just here lol) who had to be absolutely hidden after his last go into some folks named after comic book heros. He ended up sold for a GOOD chunk of change to a current congressman lol.

Ik a couple "bruthas" who sleep on a klansman living room floor for the fish fry the next morning.... Dogs are dogs and they drag any and everyone with them lol

13. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Anyway back to the tunes

14. AGK

This came across my timeline today. Figured I'd throw it up in here since we were just talking about DMX and his dogs. I'd say it was strange timing but I'm sure it wasn't coincidence. Mark got them stalking type algorithms.

Screenshot_20240430_160545_Facebook.jpg

15. AGK

16. AGK

17. slim12

No doubts. The boundaries the dogs help people cross is amazing.

I stood in the back of a room full of people doing their evening prayers holding a match dog ready to wash at a time when all middle easterners were considered either terrorists or a part of a terrorist cell. The tension could be cut with a knife. When it was over it was one of the best group of people I ever participated with in any endeavor.

The guy that turned me onto the dogs as a kid was racist as all get out. His wife once told him that he could hate 'him' that much because he was always invited over or he was going to his house. He would reply, " I do hate 'them' that much but he has some really good dogs".

Even if all the boxes are checked to dislike someone for whatever idiotic reason, a good dog will bridge that gap. LOL

Funny how that works.

S

Ssdd likes this.
  18. slim12

No doubts there.

My wife and I were on the cabin porch on Monday night and the subject of spam and telemarketing calls came up as she had back to back calls on her phone.

I said, come to think of it I have not have ne in months. Not even reminding me my car warranty had expired. Nothing at all.

Tuesday morning by 11am I had a loan to pay off all my debt, a offer to buy my house, a consolidation loan against the equity in my house, another extended car warranty and an emergent message from the White House from Obama to vote Democrat.

On Tuesday night I kept my mouth shut as I have not phone the 'big brother listening device' in my yard.

And yep, that is him. Seemed like a nice enough guy. It was straight business, not a lot of hooplah with that particular crowd. We were in and out in short order. All business on both sides.

S