1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What next?! Dude marries dog for atonement...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LuvinBullies, Nov 13, 2007.

1. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Man in India Marries Dog As Atonement

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=3857736

Man in India Marries Dog in Attempt to Ward Off Curse After Mistreating Canines

[​IMG]
    P. Selvakumar, left, places a garland on a sari-draped former stray female dog named Selvi , during a marriage ceremony in Manamadurai, 470 kilometers (494 miles) south of Chennai, India, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2007. Selvakumar married a female dog in a traditional Hindu ceremony as an attempt to atone for stoning two other dogs to death, an act he believes cursed him, a newspaper reported Tuesday. (Dinamalar/AP Photo)

The Associated Press
    NEW DELHI Nov 13, 2007 (AP)

var addthis_pub = 'abcnews';
    A man in southern India married a female dog in a traditional Hindu ceremony as an attempt to atone for stoning two other dogs to death an act he believes cursed him a newspaper reported Tuesday.

P. Selvakumar married the sari-draped former stray named Selvi, chosen by family members and then bathed and clothed for the ceremony Sunday at a Hindu temple in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, the Hindustan Times newspaper said.

Selvakumar, 33, told the paper he had been suffering since he stoned two dogs to death and hung their bodies from a tree 15 years ago. "After that my legs and hands got paralyzed and I lost hearing in one ear," he said in the report.

The paper said an astrologer had told Selvakumar the wedding was the only way he could cure the maladies. It did not say whether his situation had improved.

Deeply superstitious people in rural India sometimes organize weddings to dogs and other animals, believing it can ward off certain curses.

The paper showed a picture of Selvakumar sitting next to the dog, which was wearing an orange sari and a flower garland.

The paper said the groom and his family then had a feast, while the dog got a bun.

2. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I wonder if they will be consummating the marriage?! Poor dog... :O

3. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I have always said that if folks don't shape up around here and put their foot down on all the perversion going on in this coutry,this will be the next step.and it will be recgnozed by the law,and will have aftermath for you if you don't agree with it.

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

That is messed up...He could have just adopted a dog, or donated money to help a dog. That could have atoned his sins. Heck, if he felt really bad about it, he could have just asked forgiveness...But marriage to a dog? I don't see how that will help atone anything.

5. NC

NC CH Dog

These folks don't eat steak, or hamburger... and they splash cow piss on themselves for good luck... and we're shocked because they are marrying dogs?

6. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

ROTFL...I herd some guy married a goat somewhere. But that was ordered by the courts as punishment.

7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Yeah i am shocked anytime something like that comes up,no matter how stupid they are any time something as wrong as this comes up i for one am shocked,lol.

8. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

well if he didnt stone 2 dogs to death then hung them he wouldnt have a dog (literally) as a wife.

9. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Let's think outside the box, folks. Imagine what it might do for animal cruelty cases if we forced the abusers to marry dogs. M. Vick comes to mind.

They'd at least have enough sense not to document their crimes and put the footage on YouTube.

n.b. do not take me seriously here.

10. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

MV abuser????

11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I'd say he was. Not because he fought his dogs, but because he didn't "humanely" put them down. A simple bullet to the head would have been much better than strangling or drowning the dog.

12. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i have to agree with OT about this one. the day gets nearer when we all will be subjected to such heinious things as legal marriage between two different species. it's bad enough marriage is allowed bewtween the same sex in this country, but if it gets to the point of human/dog marriage i for one am getting the f**k outta here. and btw? why did he stone two dogs to death in the first place? stoning? seriously, be a little more practical. if stoning means dropping one huge ass boulder on the dogs head, well i would say there ain't much sufferin in that. but from what i hear that ain't how it's done. the world is definitely one interesting place. what's next? the sins of this nation will surely catch up to us sooner or later, and i personally want to know that when Judgement day comes i can say i didn't do things like look the other way when a man and a dog got married. i mean, i love my friggin little pooches, but for the love of God...... these things never amaze me anymore. it's kinda sad i guess....