1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What papers and documents should I ask for when buying a purebred pup

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Swiper, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Swiper

Swiper Pup

I am purchasing a 9 week purebred SBT pup with pedigree this weekend. What papers and docs should I get with the pup? We will be picking up in USA and bringing back to Canada, are there any specific vaccination papers required to bring the pup across the border into Canada?

How about the health guarantee the breeder promised, is there a standard form for this in the breeding world?

Thanks

2. zebobred

zebobred Pup

I would also ask under the staffy section also just in case

3. Swiper

Swiper Pup

wow, 69 views, has no one registered a puppy before? please tell me anything that could help. thanks

4. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Well here's another veiw. Make that 70. I dont know the answers. I've never took a pup into Canada much less myself.

5. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Call Canada Vet and the boarder folks, or Google it Its that simple. As for papers sometimes the papers are not ready when the pup is picked up so you will have to leave your address which the breeder still has. Believe me breeders want them pups all gone by 8 weeks ( thats why they stress you come pick up or lose your money). These are questions you should have researched months ago with your breeder. Please dont tell this was an impulse buy.

6. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

I'm guesstimating that most papered Stafford Bull Terriers in the US would be show bred so official Kennel club papers should be provided.Here in Australia show dogs are registered with the Canine Control Council ( C.C.C). Papers arn't always ready when the pup is taken and can be posted later. Ask to view the papers of the parents when picking up your pup.

7. Swiper

Swiper Pup

Thanks guys!!
    My old brain doesn't work like it should anymore.
    I wasn't finding what I was looking on google for until now.
    No, I had found this breeder and two others months ago.
    Then checked the sire and dams pedigrees and chose after meeting either one or both of the pups parents.

8. soupy

soupy Pup

you just need a bill of sale.