1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What you think about this?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by PREACHER, Aug 13, 2009.

1. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  2. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

I value your opinions, Can you help a Brother out? I would like to know if you have seen similar crosses or if you think this one might or might not be to your liking.

3. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

take her to a jeep redboy male or a yellow bred male(you have tons of the travis stuff in texas) you wont be sorry.

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

If she is the real deal, take her to the same. peds only mean so much, and can later be tightened up. good dog to good dog is always best IMO.

5. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

name one breeding you did and show the peds woody
    the cross i mentioned is dynomite i have seen for myself time and time again

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Woody was just saying breed best to best. Not to be so conserned with the pedigree and if thay are both the real deal put them to gether and you can tighten up later. He dident say the cross you were speeking of was good or bad. He dident coment on it at all.

7. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

Best to Best in this case.;)

8. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

I Appreciate all the comments and will take all into consideration.

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i ve maybe put a few on the ground pal, so dont you worry, as for peds....those dogs werent about paper bud

10. preme

preme CH Dog

Ive Been Lucky With The Best To Best .....

11. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

best to best is a great sunday school answer. it holds some truth, but the reason redboy/jocko, jeep/redboy and so on and so forth is because it works and is consistent. I dont know about you but I want as many good ones as I can get in a litter and sticking to what works is the smartest thing you can do, especially when you are on a board asking what cross works.

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

best to best isnt what i was taught in sunday school. its what the greats did, not that paper BS. sure they used paper to keep things in order,but a real dog is what you breed, not his/her ped

13. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

Not taking a way from anyone. But the reason I decided to do this this type of breeding is becuase it is a best to the best breeding. I actually plan on breeding the Male to another Female who is 3/4 Boyles, 1/4 Mayday. This will in my eyes make these breedings compatable. I seen once were some of the old timers planned ahead when they knew what they were working with. Thanks for Opinons.........
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=269876

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
  14. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

lol...you have your answer, even before the opinions bro;)
    best to best, and best to best within the line, even better. then you have the other side of the coin. hybrid?? if it clicks youll get one hell of a work'n dog/fact mate.

15. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Makes sense to me. i say do it. Good luck bruh.

Vic

16. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

17. OK, just took the time to look at the pedigree. Anyone who honestly believes that genetics (pedigree) is not worth considering when aiming to breed-in "consistency" is not looking at the BIG picture. IMHO, it is essential we evaluate the worth of each pedigree in conjunction with working ability. While best to best has been proven to produce good workers, family best-to-best has been proven to produce producers. There are obviously exceptions to this rule where a crossed or three-way cross has kept the propensity to produce regardless of female. Are we to hope for the exception or breed intelligently?:cool:

PREACHER, if that female is a temporary loan and will not be available as you please later, I strongly suggest you find a proven Yellow or Yellow/Patrick stud and stick her to him. This will tighten the family blood without the inbreeding. Assuming you keep most if not all, you can then choose to stick one of the offspring (after proving itself of course!) to your male at a time of your choosing.

You need to gain the most out of this loan. What better way than line breeding her? There are several proven Yellow studs that would go well with her. Why use your own genetic material from the start? Look at the big picture PREACHER.;)

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

good point Rocky..you got a way w/ stepping back and seeing the overall. loaner dogs are hard to come buy in these dangerous times

19. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I couldnt have said it better myself Rocky. :D I agree with best to best but only within a linebreeding program.

20. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

You know what Rock whe your right your right.... i didn't even tak in to concideration that it was a loaner dog