1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's everyones favorite fall/winter grub?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by simpson, Sep 13, 2010.

1. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Here's a chili recipe that was a favorite at my great grands restaurant (the skyscraper).

3 lb hamburger, browned and drained
    2 T. sugar
    1 c. onion
    2 c. catsup
    cumin to taste
    3 T. chili powder
    3 T. paprika
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 T. salt
    46 oz. tomato juice
    2 cans of kidney beans, rinsed

2. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

that sounds good it makes me hungry so now im going to cook diner :D

3. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

I love making macaroni (lasagna, stuffed shells). Anything heavy since its winter. I love making Thanksgiving & Christman dinner.

4. HazelRose

HazelRose Pup

I love hearty food! And I love cooking so its kinda hard to choose but Imma say a glazed ham with all the fixings to go with it! :D

5. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

An enormous pot of tortilla soup with all the fixings.:D

6. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

Thanksgiving dinner when it aint Novemeber 23rd....I get's it in year round :). Turkey,Mash, stuffing,mac n cheese, some biscuits n gravy

7. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Got the recipe handy? I make a mean nacho soup :)

8. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Everything on your list is a staple here all year also :) I smoke alot of stuffed turkeys, chickens and my favorite....ROCK HENS!!

9. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Those big stuffed shells are really good but I fuck them up everytime I try to make'em lol!

10. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Glazed ham is one of my faves too! I bake our hams w/a can of coke classic poored in and whole pineapple w/orange marmalade for glaze.

11. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Its really not hard. The tricky thing is to make a great sauce and great ricotta stuffing for them. Both of which are my specialties.

12. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

I love Thanksgiving dinner!! Love candied yams, fried turkey, lasagna, and everything you said.:dogtongue:

13. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

The Holidays is plump season lol. Thanksgiving I make several house visits. What do you make your sauces with BULL??

14. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

I'm Italian, so I have a few sauces. But usually when I say sauce I mean a tomato sauce. I have my everyday sauce, my Sunday sauce which is usually a meat sauce (not chopped meat but pieces of sausage, whole meatballs, bracciole). Then I have one of my favorites which is my Alfredo sauce. But when I make lasagna or stuffed shells I make a normal tomato sauce.

ETA: You are more than welcome to make a stop at my house on Thanksgiving, seeing as I cook for 50 people even though there are only like 15! LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  15. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

mhhmmmmm....So when will I be invited for dinner? Back home I gotta travel to the North End to get some good Italian food, quite pricet but well worth the drive and money.

16. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

You are more than welcomed any day! I LOVE cooking for people...and eating. I love making a huge Sunday dinner..:dogtongue:

17. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I like black bean soup.... and potato soup... and my mom's chilli

18. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

gumbo.......