1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what's good together and what's not and why?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Hillbilly Pit, Jan 12, 2006.

1. NOVICE

NOVICE Big Dog

Keep thinkin the way your thinkin Hillbilly, it's a good attitude. BTW there's alot more good lines than just those.

2. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

is there dog men that you can go to that if you pay them or ask them to teach you the tricks of the trade that they will?but these are not just any joe blow off the street. these are people that have learned from the people that has there last name on a blood line.

3. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

describe the part of genetics, is it there bones or them being crazy?

4. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

good job TX and SFK,,,both post i find to be very truthfull and striaght to the point,,,to own several of these dogs take a ungodly amount of time and money,,more than u could ever get out of the litter, you got to be in it for the love of the breed, the more time you put into it, the better the outcome will be

5. Suki

Suki Guest

I think that as long as you can be a representative for this breed, in a positive way, that being, licience, vaccinate, train, socialize=show their best trait=people friendly, clean up after, etc, then that is one more positive step, one more mind, that perhaps you have changed, by being responsible and being held accountable, that will help to better serve the image of this breed. Trust me, my friend, THAT is doing MUCH!!!! And the meer fact that you are even willing, and wanting, says it all....:)
    We need true ambassadors for this breed. Nothing less....

6. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

I have said that i was try to get papers on my dog J.R. but i don't think that i be able to get them. so i realy don't know what he is made of for sure. because the other bybs didn't keep good or any records at all. if they did i whould have my single registration form back by now. can people forge that kind of stuff like names and blood lines i was told that it was easey? so i am kind of thinking of haveing him cut. what is the time line on geting him cut from when to when? also can i put him pulls if he has no papers and cut if that matters (cut).

7. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

thanks Suki I appreciate it!

8. Suki

Suki Guest

ANY time!:D

one mind in favor of, is better than
    one mind NOT in favor of....

9. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

what dose a dog/puppy from good lines coast?

10. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

see even the webmaster thought those were crazy. now a straight answer please. also the Q's in reply #'s 22, 23,and 26 thanks.

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

A good dog can cost you anywhere from nothing to thousands of dollars just to bring it onto your yard.

I dont understand post #23 as to what your asking?

#22-You can call up breeders of a line of dogs your intrested in and pick their brains, let them know you are just doing some studying and wanted to learn from the man who knows their blood best. Dont expect them to just cough up answers to anybody and everybody, it will be difficult to get good info out of some dogmen, and some will run their mouths about their line to anyone who will listen.

#26-I believe you can do Limited Registration with the Adba with a neutered/un papered dog for shows and such. I'm sure there are other groups that will do the same. I know the topic has been covered before, if you run a search you should be able to find it after some digging.

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

If you want to learn from a real dog man its not about paying them its about earning there TRUST. Like the saying you wanna play with the big boys you gotta get your feet wet first.

13. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Another note... A true dogman will let you know the possible weakness in a pup as well as the strengths... why do I say that? Because every line has strengthens and weaknesses and anyone who says they have the "ultimate" pup with everything is either a liar, trying to make a sale, or just not smart enough to know any better.

Now a true dogman will think his dogs are the best, and he should, he's the one feeding them and what everyone else thinks doesn't mean a thing.

14. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

the areganel Q was ( if there is two lines that aren't good together what makes them uncomepatbul? ) Texasbulldogs said "genetics" dose that mean that the pups will come out crazy or there bones will be deformed? thats what i ment by #23.