1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite body type for Bulldogs and why?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Pitrulez, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

PS you aint going to belive this but he is a 55 lbs dog lean!!! Alligator size dog..

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Good lookin dog limey!

3. tokn

tokn Pup

4. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i like the chest from the spike dog himself ;) my favorit chest lol

not round and deep as you cal it (the deepest you have seen )

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

PS you aint going to belive this

i think when the topic is called .... something like the favorit type .
    (for me its the atletic one of course)
    and you wanne show your male or female
    you post 3 pic's of the dog
    front
    back
    and ful from the side

picture's from dogs are hard to make
    so use zoom

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...the best type is the winning type..........winners+losers come in all shapes+sizes......??????????

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

"All things being equal, the dog with the best conformation will always win"????? I paraphrase, but that is what you said. NOTHING could be more awry of the truth, Limey. The last dog to scratch wins, Limey. No one gives a rat's ass how it's built. If the better built dog (in your eyes) quits one minute before the other dog was going to quit, HE LOSES.

You can not have seen a lot of dogs if you believe in such errant analogies. If things are rather equal, then they're rather equal, build not withstanding, and the only differential might be handling, conditioning or as I have seen, the ref not knowing the rules. The old term is, "Somethin's gotta give", and build has little or nothing to do with THAT. The ability for one dog to utilize what IT has, better than the other dog utilizes what IT has, determines much more than any conformation itself. Otherwise, conformation shows would be matches.

All the raving over chest size, depth, and other hogwash is moot. Lungs are not capacitors. They are pumps. It's the EFFICIENCY of those pumps which create the usage of air, given the conditioning aids such. So, while so-called "conformation" seems to be attractive to some, it's total efficiency which wins.

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Well said TDK..I can dig it.

9. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Nice post as always TDK! Wish I could word things as well as you do!

10. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.....very good points ...^^^^in all the above ...if ya have a dog with great lung capacity.....great ability../etc/etc....are these an advantage..??? Of course they are...some people can have all this in a dog and still make a f£&k up.....in saying all this,some-times ya see a dog deep chest,athletic build...and ya expect these things to be in this dog....but sometimes it's not there,,,but when it is..ya can have a very good one...be the type i would like to have.............

11. keystone

keystone CH Dog

PS you aint going to belive this
    the best type is the winning type

limey i read you are entenchastic/happy about his big/dep chest .
    as tdk write the air is not speciaal from a deep chest .
    its mainly coming from the perfect weight and the right peak

12. keystone

keystone CH Dog

deep ok
    but not to round

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Once again Great Post TDK

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

15. tokn

tokn Pup

APBT is performance breed, not beauty or certain body type breed.

From that point each dog who is capable to perform is good. Of course there are certain physical rules by which it would be good to have dogs built.

But even this does not guarantee success. Perfectly proportioned dog may lose from dog, which by the standards of beauty is weaker.

I do not have a favorite type of build in terms that I like long leged athletic, or stocky muscular type. I just love to see well drawn dog, a dog that does not look like it was made ​​up of several unrelated parts.
    But of course most important is ability to work.

This is gr ch Dendy.
    [​IMG]
    In that picture it seems his hind legs are too flat.
    Means if I could fix his build purely for cosmetic reasons, and that it does not affect his performance this would be the last legs.

Here is in perfect condition and his legs look much better.
    [​IMG]

DBL GR CH Tornado, I like how she is built becouse it reminds me of one of the deadliest hunters, wolverine.[​IMG]

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

True, Speedo. All things being equal just might be the dullest thing you ever saw. Some of the variances are what makes things interesting.

17. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

[​IMG]
    Dendy related to Hank? LOL

18. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

I meant to come back in with pics of my bitch sox, she was very small @ 28 lbs grown and fat but i cant get on my own comp to get pics. Right now i have a male that im regretting having to sell soon he is 6months and 20 lbs. Ive been running him sprints and long walks for about a week and im very satisfied with what he is becoming he will be a little 30lb dog unless he has a outrageous growth spurt. i like them small and tight

19. patjr

patjr Top Dog

:sex017: = :tdogwalk2::wagtail::vovvetliten::doggyhug2:..how's that for equals...LOL...note the difference in conformation lmao.

btw...that's a beautiful looking specimen of the APBT you got there Limey.

20. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

I give up. when i just came on this forum(first time ) there where Dogman that understoot things with ez and imidiatly and high level confersations where plenty all the time... As it iz today i cant seem to get people to understand the most simple thing about stuf???. every performance ore working breed has a confermation that has been divelopt overthe years to be able to diliver max performance.
    Ralf Greenwood a LEGEND of the past in cunjunktion with other legendary breeders/dogman of that same era came up with the ADBA confermation .To give the future APBT the best platform to perform in anyway.

The miletary world wide use nature,s aczamples and laws of fisics to divelop and build the best and fastest airplains/ Cars/ Ships .
    Iven car manufactures of the past and today used natures aczamples . Crijsler/Mopar used the insect aprouch in building in toughfness. As insecsts have there skeleton on the outside, This made the Mopars bigger then the same cars from other brands.. General motors used a Mamal frame where the sceleton was on the inside(Subframe and ladderframe) .
    I asume al these smart heads who workt in the developmend of making products for our daily lives and the protection of it are Idiots!!!. And al the people who came up with the best confermation for individual breeds witch came forward out of performance are rediculess.

A forum member just emailed and reminded me what i told him some time ago when he askt about guys fooling around with dogs and if the years involved would make you a good dogman . I Told him you have 3 diferend type of dogman . NR1 is a born dogman . No matter how long ore short he is invoved he has it
    NR2 Is the dogman that can learn it and over time he gets better with it.
    NR3. is the type of guy that wil never be a dogman no matter how long they are involved and how long they fool around with these dogs.. Im starting to get a feeling that the nr1 and the nr 2 dogman have left this forum wel at least havend been on this topic... call me a arogant prick but the people above are just dumb and nr3 if you ask me if they can not uderstand the most simple stuff.

gitanos likes this.