1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

when is it most healthy for her to breed?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by blondie03044, Mar 6, 2008.

1. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

I dont think being mean will help at all. I know the truth hurts but a lot of you can be really harsh. She may get offended and probably wont listen. I can tell you from experience that breeding is not all fun and games. I made the mistake of breeding my dog before I educated myself about it. It was not right of me to breed two dogs that were not health tested and didnt have a title to thier names, but I learned from it. Breeding for money, fun, looks or just because is WRONG!!! If you truly want to become a proffesional, you need to find a mentor and learn everything you can about this breed. If not then just read this site. Read all you can. Learn all you can.

Please dont breed that young dog.

2. Claddagh_Reds

Claddagh_Reds Big Dog

No, not all dogs from the watchdog line were blue. Unfortunetly it's the popular color choice for the line nowadays and has been for awhile now, recessive /dominate traits play an important roll in all that. I recall seeing a few buckskins, darker brindle marked dogs, black.

3. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

coco -

I certainly do not wish to be mean or harsh. It is simply a matter of survival to me. Every day another township around me falls to some kind of BSL. If we don't police ourselves then our opponents will gladly capitalize on our stupidity. I do not want to be at the other side of the door when they come knocking for mine. So the bottom line is we are all connected. What the OP does effects me and everyone else that owns a PB type dog and visa versa. The folks that know how to keep this breed true have been doing it for a long time, their troubles did not start until the "stupidity" errupted. As simms says, close the circles, these dogs are not for everyone, and nor should they be.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
  4. thanks for all ur help guys, i have always been interested in this topic but b4 i took any steps i wanted to do some research and get some opinions first. after talkin to all yall understanding and helpful people and my vet i have decided not to breed her any time soon. maybe in a couple years like i originaly planned. and plus right now all i have is my males papers im still waitin on hers.....long story... thank you all for understanding:)
    oh and yes my female is WATCHDOG BREAD her mother is has blue in her and her father is all buckskin he looks just like karma to the T (its kinda weird lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  5. oh and forgot to say i never wanted to breed karma at her current age. i was askin the question because when i heard that you should breed females in their second heat i was extreamly shocked. i told them that, that can not be right my pup will be in her second heat in april and she will be turnin on in april. that can be right. and im am tryin to find a mentor but its turnin out kind of hard...

6. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

pullmoan loaves are my favorite kind of BREAD. pre-sliced, and ready to go. no baking involved.

whole wheat BREAD is pretty good also.

for breakfast, i have a BREAD called Ezekial BREAD (spelling), it's a 13 grain BREAD and fills me up with a lil pb&j.

my favorite BREED is the apbt.

if you get one from a good BREEDER, and you know the history of your dogs, have it health tested, etc etc, get some reliable, honest opinions from sources close to you that you trust, then you might BREED it, with the goal to produce better offspring then the sire and dam.

then you'll have some well BRED animals.

7. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

there's no way i can in good conscience advocate breeding two dogs of those bloodlines. the fact that you want to breed dogs of these lines and not true to type american pit bull terriers is all to familiar and agitating. but when you have walked that road personally and took the time to realize the harm you are doing, the more prepared you will be for a REAL dog. i too once bred RE dogs. and not to be offensive, but it was when i was just as ignorant and uneducated about the breed as you. not to be presumptuous either here, but everything you have posted has been very revealing about where you and your understanding of this breed is at. just take your time and do some very thorough and exhaustive research. if i may suggest, more so because i am a huge fan of all things eli, start there and do some research. cause with the eli dogs you will see some of the best dogs ever produced and you will see the consequences of the bullshit we as owners face when raising and breeding these dogs.

8. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

blondie...

Watchdog and Blues are to most here eye candy or bravado boosters. The APBT should be a true representative of their cainine combatant ancestors...they should be agile and athletic, they should LOOK like they could go 6 rounds of a boxing match. They should NOT have huge heads, short legs and labor to walk around a ring. I am not saying your dogs exhibit any of these characteristics....but most would say the dogs you are speaking of are really Am Staffs or Bullys....they are mixed with another breed to make them HUGE, which if you look at the original mission of the APBT does not match form or function. Now I know the hystoric mission of the APBT has come and gone....but working hard to keep this breed to that standard is what most here aspire to. So when you speak of breeding the dogs of those bloodlines, to most here you are breeding more NON APBTs...some kind of mix....or what most refer to here as mutts.

Don't take it personally, I have an Am Staff..she is my favorite mutt...but she is just that, she is a bit screwy too. So that is where this community is coming from based on what I have seen come over the air waves over the last 3 years. If you want to see the true representation of what an APBT looks like and should be built like, study Marty's signiture dog.

9. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

Why is it people think it's OK that because they have papers on their dogs they should be BRED? Are you trying to make the thousands you probably spent back?

10. i didnt spend any money on my pup a good friend of my bf breeds and has kennels not to far from here, she was more of a present. and snoop is my bf's i never asked how much he paid. but money is not an issue with me.

and about my pups bein am staff's or bullies....have you seen my dogs? you must be lookin at the wrong pictures. my female isnt even close to a amstaff or bully...

11. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

If its blue, its not pure APBT. Sorry about your luck. I just LOVE blue dogs. They taste like chicken. Staff/AmBully is what you have, like it or not. :)

12. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

If money is not an issue than what is your reason for breeding? Is it because they are beautiful and they have great temperaments?

13. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Someone on here, I can't remember who for the life of me, has this picture of a blue dog (registered staff) that definitely looks the bulldog part. If it acts the part, I don't know. But gorgeous dog none the less.

I could be wrong, but I want to say it's 14Rock that posted the picture before.....I think it's in a thread somewhere about ripped dogs...time to go a searchin'.

14. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I saw the pic. That dog was in prime shape but 99.999% of the blue bluffs around today dont come close to that. :rolleyes:

15. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

I agree with you there. Here's the pic, though.

ETA: He's not Watchdog bred....;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  16. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Hey my AS is 34 lbs and born to hell fire....weight and temperment have nothing to do with it. MaMa an APBT - daddy champion show red nose AS. Not an APBT...but she for all outward appearances acts like one. She one cute mutt ;)

Game APBT x Game APBT = Game bred APBT (could or could not be game)
    APBT x Am Staff = Am Staff
    APBT x mastiff/bulldog = possibly a bully

Only the top equation is a true APBT, game or not. RE and Watchdog are lines with the mixed breed...thus not a true APBT. Don't breed them, we have enough replicas and look alikes. Just go to the pound and you can see all the fawns and bluffs you like.

17. again i say my female is not a bully nor amstaff

18. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Then what is she? :confused:

19. ive seen one of her parents papers awhile ago and i believe i did not see am staff i know shes not a bully, if u see her in person u would see she is rather small weighin maybe 40lbs her mother is small also so i guess that is where she got her size from but her looks come straight from her father. its wierd they have the same markings to the T lol.

20. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I could be wrong, but I want to say it's 14Rock that posted the picture before...
    Yeah I can vouch there is no love for Blue dogs on his part. Maybe posted something about them or showed a pic but dont own anything but good dogs none of which are blue.