1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

When to start training.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Xena, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Xena

Xena Pup

What's a good age to start training a puppy? As soon as we bring home our new pup, were going to start with the usual, sit, stay and shake. Is 6/7 weeks to early to start this?

2. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

I personally don't believe there is a certian age to start, I go with basicly when the dog seems like it is ready. Never hurts to start right away anyways, just remember that you should "NOT" get mad, it is young and has no way of understanding you. Dogs don't speak english, if you were to say in a nice sweet voice "Bad Bad Bad Dog" the dog will most likely run up and lick you and be friendly, as like "Good Good Dog" in a stern mean voice will make it sad and wonder why it is not pleaseing its owner. So basicly make sure your dog understands your tones, when this is achieved I'd say your ready to roll.