1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

When to switch foods?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ProudAPBTmomma, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Oh not giving up on on learning as much as I can, I'd never do that. I've dang near got a whole library at my house with books and sources of informatin. I've got a close relative who does nothing BUT breed, train, and take care of his dogs. There are plenty of other sources of information out there that I can go to.

2. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Cool, sounds like a good idea...I'd do that then... sounds more beneficial for you...why'd you ever come here then if the sources you have exist...I'd have just stayed there to learn if I were you...

3. Came across the site. Just not my cup of tea.

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Well thats why... were all coffee drinkers here..wheres Bubba or Marty when you need them...lol. So you leaving?..I heard the other gamedog site is accepting new patients ...I mean clients...I mean members..check them out.

5. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“I guess I'll have to call my vet back and tell him that is recommended Science Diet is so-called crap.”
    Why would you take the advice of a veterinary on nutrition? Being they know less about nutrition than the average “pet owner”, having only one hour of training on it which is provided by the same companies that are putting out cheap, poison, unfit for canine consumption!

“I'm sorry but I think my game-dog.com days might be done with. Simple questions get turned into complete madness and that just isn't my scene.”
    If that was actually true, you would of just left! You can’t point out one thing that “got turned into complete madness”, from the replies to your question!

“I've dang near got a whole library at my house with books and sources of informatin.”
    That’s great, why nothing on nutrition?

“I've got a close relative who does nothing BUT breed, train, and take care of his dogs.”
    So you’re getting you information from someone that is clueless about nutrition? Sounds like a great way to learn… from clueless uneducated individuals! Just what we need in the world, minimalist breeders!

6. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

“I guess I'll have to call my vet back and tell him that is recommended Science Diet is so-called crap.”
    is that a threat? sounds like a great idea...BECAUSE ITS TRUE!
    “I'm sorry but I think my game-dog.com days might be done with. Simple questions get turned into complete madness and that just isn't my scene.”
    actually, seems like u had ur pride hurt. instead of tucking ur tail and jumpin the box, be humble, toughin up! u leaving will be ur loss.

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Man I swear, I like to read your writing...I didn't at first but that was my own ignorance...now I just nod and laugh...lol..Tex you need to write a book...Id buy it...you can call it "Texasbulldogs guide to banishing Ignorance"

8. The Watcher

Tx is very professional huh MR??
    "Texasbulldogs guide to banishing Ignorance"
    sign me up for two.......;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2005
  9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Professional is to say the least... TX is a foundation...thats more accurate...lol.

10. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Books are great to read, but they only give ones opinion..nothing beats hands on and talking with experienced people.. the point is you have to know how to weed out the bad from the good and take everything with a grain of salt.

Science diet wasnt even that great when it first came out, but it was better than most.. You must remember the world of dog health and nutrtion is expanding, growing and more and more studies are being done on it. (since more and more people spend more money on their "pets" today) Something that was true 10 years ago is not necassarily true today!! ITs called advances.. (just like many of the books you might own.. check when they were written.chances are while some methods and insight holds true, not all is right!)

I wonder do you show your dogs? LOL.. because they way you are carrying on, i could picture u in the show ring getting upset because the judge didnt pick your dog ...and how could he be wrong since your relative told you.....
    (but dont feel bad on that aspect, we all get a bit disappointed when our dogs dont place)

the point there being lol,. there are some that blame the judge and call him blind while others seek out the judge and ask him exactly what he saw in the dog and what could have been better..or what you should wokr on for next time..

Good luck in your quest... hope you find the answers YOU want..

11. B

B CH Dog

Do you want to honestly know why almost all Vets recommend Science Diet? Science Diet puts out big money to help subsidize Vets college tuition. Why are they going to bite the hand that feeds them?

A good vet is worth his/her weight in gold and they would be able to honestly examine a foods ingredient list and tell you weather it is quality or crap. If they can't understand basic nutritional needs of their own clients then they really are ignorant. There are many people on this very forum that could teach most vets a thing or two, at least when it comes to dogs. You would be foolish to leave just because someone told you honestly that you feed crap food. That just displays that you are very narrow minded and too self conscious about being wrong. Those are bad things since you decided to become a "Proud APBT mama".

ProudAPBTmama: Go to www.canidae.com and read about their food. Atleast you might understand why we are saying the things we are saying.

Regards,

B

12. The Watcher

"Texasbulldogs will become famous soon enough"

13. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I sat in on one of those S/D lectures once LOL They send what I like to call Sales Techs who tell you that theirs is the only food that will work blah blah blah.
    One diet I am looking into now is the BARF diet. Raw meat,raw bone and some other stuff. I like feeding canned green tripe as well.Have to have a strong stomach for that one LOL. A dogs digestive system is shorter than ours, grains such as rice pass without any benefit to the dog, its just filler.And we all know what corn does to ya:)

14. The Watcher

15. You shouldn't talk crap about my family until you have a reason to. You don't know if he is knowledgable or not. You don't know what he feeds or what he knows about nutrition. I will definitely not recommend this site to anyone because of people like you. There are plenty of people on here that are very nice, knowledgable, etc. But acting the way you are one day will bite you in the butt. Now WHERE is the "delete account" button??????

16. Thanks Fifty. I'll check it out.

17. tjpitbull

tjpitbull Big Dog

My veet recommended diamond mixed with pedigree and they have been doing very good. You are correct some vets always try to push prouducts on you thats why you must find a vet that has his own mind....

18. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“You don't know if he is knowledgable or not. You don't know what he feeds or what he knows about nutrition.”
    No, judging by your lack of knowledge on nutrition it would be safe to say he is clueless. Being how you are “learning” from him and his knowledge yet you feed poison. If I’m wrong please feel free to set me straight!

“I will definitely not recommend this site to anyone because of people like you.”
    Sorry to hear that, what a shame your lack of wanting to hear the “truth” has to affect them too! Some friend you must be…only wanting to recommend sites that lie and cater to the imbecility of their members. Instead of providing them a place to enhance their understanding of the breed and the knowledge to provide optimal care for them.

“But acting the way you are one day will bite you in the butt.”
    What in the hell are you talking about? How have I “acted”? Was there something wrong or inaccurate in my replies to you or others on this board? Just because you didn’t receive the replies you envisioned, doesn’t make them wrong. Becoming angry and discomfit, because you found out you’re feeding you pet cheap poison isn’t helping your dog! Sorry to hear you're leaving the site, poor dog/s having to suffer from your lack knowledge and willingness to learn from others!

“My veet recommended diamond mixed with pedigree and they have been doing very good.”
    Sorry to hear that! What sense does it make to supplement a cheap kibble with a cheaper, poorer quality kibble? Please do yourself and dog/s a favor…do a search on the board about dog food!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2005
  19. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Oh im sure if you need it someone can find it for you...wait one sec...<<yells<YELLS>>>"Marty"...lol..someone else desires to be banned!!!...wheres my bat signal...

20. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

I don't get it, you asked a question, he answered with no sugar coating no BS, just a straight to the point answer and you get mad...? I mean...reread his post if you need to, but first you have to realize he's telling you the truth, then when you read it again...it'll be like, "Damn, he was right..."