1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where to go?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Doggystyle, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I am about to get one of those padded collars from stillwaterkennels and I want to know where could I find a nice thick chain lead, not like the thugs have(too big) something that won't pop or draw too much attention. I just don't like nylon, had a few snap on me. Point me in the direction of where I can get what I'm looking for PLEASE.

2. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

go to a co op and get something from there..add a bullsnap...loop the end into like an O and pad it....or just buy a cheap one from wal mart...

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

You will not be able to break a modified horse lead. Stillwater sells them, along with local ag stores. I like them because they are softer, stronger, cheaper and you can get them in any size imaginable...

4. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I tried the rope and nylon before and I had to toss them, The thin chain lead I have now still hasn't failed me but she is out growing it and I would like one a little thicker. Any suggestions?

5. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

try wut i suggested(sp?)....

6. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

Sorry, didn't understand what you were suggesting.

7. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

buy ur own chain...loop the end....like a O for the handle and padd it up ur self...and add a bullsnap

8. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I like the idea, so I'll try it. Thanks!

9. simms

simms CH Dog

How the hell is it that you cant walk that dog on a 4 ft nylon lead.

10. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

it's not the length that's a problem, imo, it's just too weak for a strong pull and I like when she pulls it helps condition her.

11. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

use a horse lead if she pulls, there is no way you're going to break it, and you got the ability to grab it anywhere.

12. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

Sorry, I really would prefer the chain. We all have our preferences and mine is a chain.

13. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I now add handles to my rope leads for $1 which is for brass rope clamp.

You can get rope leads for about $6, but with cheap rope clamps and cheap snaps.
    I only use brass clamps and heavy bullsnaps.

14. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

go to home depot or lowes or what ever u have they have all sizes of chains and there not very expensive plus putting a handle on it wouldnt be to hard ,im like u i like chain too but i just get the ones at petco my boys arent big enough to pull to hard yet well hope that helpt

15. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

go to a hardware store..like el mexicano said..they sell different size chains from normal to gangsta..lol..its a hella of a lot cheaper and better..even the chain ones you but at walmart have cheap handles.

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

All the chain link chains I have inspected in person were JUNK. Those steel rings bend/break very easily, especially with alot of walking or hard pulling. IMO it is sacraficing your dogs safety for looks. Edited by myself for Doggystyles courtesy.

17. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

you don't really need a chain lead. 99% of the bulldog owner used rope lead. her pulling to the lead is not that condition. my are strong dog and they come nowhere to snapping the rope leads

18. simms

simms CH Dog

Look this guy has his prefference.....Lets all be glad that he has a interest in keeping that dog on somthin in public.

19. horse lead all the way and if that dog breaks nylon with ease she must be wounder bitch

20. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

The only she has broken them is with her teeth. I don't own even one nylon lead. I have a chain that is about 3/8 thick with some padding on the handle that I have used for about 7mths give or take.