1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

which is Best Food For Dogs?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by edgan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. LOL Tas,, ye the photo there, thanx.

Mad Bolhas that was food for the pups so I left the yolk (yellow) in there for them. Besides it's too late now, those pups are now 3 years old lol.

I don't know about the science or what someone wrote, all I know is what I can see with my own eyes and feel with my hands and as far as I'm concerned I see and feel my dogs better when I feed them what I feed them. I was feeding 16 dogs plus 2 pets at one time like that and all it meant was that I had to buy a bigger pot.
    Eukanuba is considered a top brand here and costs over 100 dollars for a 15 kg. bag. I can feed my dogs for a month on the diet I gave with that down here and I don't mind a little extra work if my dogs look and feel better so I do what I do.

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Old goat .Sins you are bringing it up.
    Again Every famely hase its 15 min of fame what thuse that tell you, and what thuse UMONGST if NOT the best famely out there means!!!.

i know my spelling is bad . but i belive what i put in my post means that in a sirten"" momend"" in history this famely of dogs ""could"" go along with the best in the world and in some places ""where"" the best around!!!!!..
    now i agree with this . and you should be proud of what y'all did with the dogs . and they did some good thing around the world . but be proud and not brag and say they're the best . because there's so many lines out there that will never be answered . whatever kind of food works for your dog is what you should feed . but in hot humid places some kibble just does'nt work the same . and eukanuba has been changing the quality . sometimes it's like ol roy . eukannuba used to be good . but i think they are changing things to much .

3. bb051491

bb051491 Pup

I agree all those you listed are POOR QUALITY

4. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Old Goat im not BRAGGING, wat i said is fact!!.and I give these dogs the respect they disirve, and wil NEVER withold a upertunaty to do so. that would be disrespectfull towards the great animals i have known. and the blood swet and tears that the people around them have stuk into them and what they have gone tru over the cours of history. I would like to know if your dogs are worth feeding , having a 2 year prison centense above your head on every dog you own!!!for a duration of 18 years..
    you have no idea wat and where we come from so You can NOT judge me nor my way. we are a world apart with diferend ways.

I stand for what these dogs stoot for and have acomplised, I never made a soul claim they ""are"" the best out there. you are reading what you whant to read and dont whant to see the contecst of it. thats ok as long as i know what i mean ore ment and others with me.

as for Eucanuba and other brands. the county i live in hase the highest standerds of quality food and hygiene control there is in the world. and food standarts are ecstreem. Hensh the rezen our population in the talest in the world(on averitch 2 inches taller then americans) and dispite that we only have a population of18 million people.
    we have the 10 ore 13th largest econemy in the world compear that with the 300 million people from the usa....

And besides the USA Japan and Germany we are the 4th bigest food ecsport country in the world. so i gues the standards of the same brand of dogfoods gose along with wealth and the standard of the nation where it is fabricated in.... there for i do belive that eucanuba and other brands in some parts of the world is of lesser quality, and in some parts of the world is a cut above the rest... this should awnser ore clear up the pissing contest about dogfood quality in general..

5. hardluck

hardluck Banned

this has turned into quite the rant lol. i have family in the Dominican Republic that feed their dogs nothing but table scraps and they look fine and dandy lol. they have never ate kibble or a so called decent raw meal. they eat cooked bones and what is basically left at the end of the day lol. i know dogs aint suppose to eat cooked bones but they have been doing it for the longest and they have never had a dog splinter its guts either. im not advising it, but just as long as the dogs eat then everything should be fine. shit a wild animal like a coyote and a wolf or whatever else would be lucky to eat the foods we give our dogs lol. its just a matter of preferences and beliefs when it comes to feeding. i have seen some feeds that would shock most and the amount given would leave alot of people in shock lol.

6. Jim_G

Jim_G Big Dog

that's how our folks fed our dogs in Greece. all table scraps.

today I do both raw chicken necks/backs 1lb. portions..kidneys, hearts, beef liver etc twice weekly, fattys/aminos - salmon, cod liver, wheat germ, olive oils, -greek yogurt, cream cheese, all sorts of berries and a good dry acana kibble with supplements alternating daily. every day I add 3 tbs. Bragg ACV in their water source 1st drink of the day.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Old Goat im not BRAGGING, wat i said is fact!!.and I give these dogs the respect they disirve, and wil NEVER withold a upertunaty to do so. that would be disrespectfull towards the great animals i have known. and the blood swet and tears that the people around them have stuk into them and what they have gone tru over the cours of history. I would like to know if your dogs are worth feeding , having a 2 year prison centense above your head on every dog you own!!!for a duration of 18 years..
    you have no idea wat and where we come from so You can NOT judge me nor my way. we are a world apart with diferend ways

well limey i understand what your saying . it's ok to think the way you do about the dogs y'all had . hell i would have tryed the tonka stuff myself . my dogs are worth feeding because i like them . i think you would feed 1 to . and i'm not judging you . and i've been to your country and know what y'all go through to keep what you have . it's a nice country with nice people that had hell trying to keep there dogs and not have trouble .

8. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

i dont give a shit where u from if the dog food got grain and corn in it it aint no good.Like i said a person could survive on hot dogs and ramen noodles and be fit enough to play sports that dont mean its proper nutrition.I grew up in the hood and like most who did i didnt always get made to eat proper as a kid which carried thru to adulthood.but when i started eating rite i noticed the diff.
    so Yeah dogs can live off shitty food so can u. dont mean its good.
    Limey u suond like the girl who says " i smoked while i was pregnant last time and nothing happened".Dont mean it was good.
    IM speaking from experience and i seen first hand the diff and there is a diff.
    From energy level to clean up to food consumption

9. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

My rule for feeding is follow nature.Without super markets and shit humans woudnt eat anywhere near as much meat.Cause in the wild u have to catch it u self and meat dont sit around waiting to be eatin. fruits and veggies do.You never hear about a wolf or coyote destroying someones cornfield cause they dont naturally eat that shit.No dry food is better than raw of course cause thats what a dog would naturally eat.But if u gon feed dry do u research and dont get one that dogs cant even digest half the ingredients of

10. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Well said!

11. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

.. If you fallow nature then you SHOULD know that wolfs and coyote,s are hunters AND scavengers!!!!just like Bears.
    Afther a kill they often eat the gut contens first,,,,,and you do know wat is in there now do you?? .. sins you claim to be a naturist...........let me put it douwn for you
    ""SEMI diguested vegetables, shit and gut bactiria containing carbs vitamins and minerals ""
    BECAUSE THATS WHAT PREY ANIMALS EAT. and thats what these preditors animals need to live. other wize preditors would kill and eat echoder if they only eat ore need MEAT!!!. witch thuse happens if no prey animals are around in hard cold winters and animals are dying of starvation..

when there is a lack of meat they DO start to eat frutes and ore weeds.Did you read the Dingo part diferense in australia and indonesia!!!.... hens there is Semi pre diguested vegetables and corn ore weed in dry food!!!!.to ad some of the vitamins and minerals and carbs they need!!!!

Giving the dogs bones is a good thing i gave them RAW .i started weeks befor a keep giving bones every other day to make the stomage acit stronger in order to diguest there keep feed FASTER so they where able to ubsorb the energy quiker and thus recuver faster from workouts!!!!.
    last but not least very mature remark in saying i sound like a girl,,MR Revolution You might think i sound like a girl . but may i say i question the level of quality education of the school you whent to living in the hood...

12. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

PS the rezen why lots of dogs have a diguesting problem with dry food is because there owners FEED THEM TO MUTCH, and because raw feeding contains 70% of water!!!!!!!!. it IZ that simple.................

13. jacko

jacko CH Dog

well folks i will try eukanuba , if the pup doesn"t take to it that will be no great loss, i will just go back to feeding offal,and such like. anyhow i don"t like dogs that are picky eaters so there will be a variety given aswell as the dry .

14. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Actually studies of wolves have shown that they shake out the stomachs of large animals... to remove the vegetation, and then eat the stomach empty. I have also seen this for myself. Next time I feed whole prey I will take a video. They scatter the gut contents.

(from page 123 of The Wolf as a Carnivore)

15. jacko

jacko CH Dog

surely wolves eat the stomach lining of herbivores b/c they have already digested and absorbed the nutrients from the berries and fruits!

16. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

They eat the lining because it's meat, it's the herbal contents which they disregard. Having fed tripe I can tell you that they really love to eat the stomach itself, lol.

17. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i have fed more tripe than i care to remember. but there must be more to it than tripe just being meat,dogs love it ,and for wolves etc te choose it over a nice bit of fillet , there is a reason please explain?

18. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Not sure what to explain. Both my dogs like tripe and my bulldog likes it more than anything. (Doberman prefers other things, mainly heart, venison of any kind, and whole squirrel, but does like tripe.) As far as it being more than meat, yeah, it is, and when my dogs shake out an animals gut, yes, they still end up eating some plant matter, although not the majority of it. Does it contribute to better health in any way...? No, not that I've noticed... my dogs go a long time between meals of tripe because it's a pain for me to get, and they don't suffer at all.

19. jacko

jacko CH Dog

try this ....Why do dogs love green tripe so much?
    Although we think it smells awful, dogs are crazy about it. All dogs need some green plant material to aid in their digestion. They get nutrients from the grasses and grains that have been partially digested in the cow’s stomach. Since this plant matter is already pre-digested, it is easier for dogs to digest. Green tripe has too many health benefits to list, so we will only mention a few key ones: healthy omega 3 and 6 acids, excellent source of protein, amino acids which foster muscular development, great cleaner for teeth, ideal ratio of calcium- phosphorus.

20. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

All I can say is, agree to disagree :) Not big on debates about such thing other than I can only say what I see with my own two eyes...