1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Which one would you get?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by CB, Mar 22, 2007.

1. CB

CB CH Dog

2. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

im a big fan of the grch spikey blood :) they look good. good luck with your choice. :D

3. Magneeto

Magneeto Big Dog

That izodXChica should be really good. that would be my choice.

4. game_test

game_test Top Dog

id take the grown schooled adult, no question. pups are a risk.

5. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I agree with game test. If the prospect is actually schooled out, and still looking good, I'd go with it.

6. WWII

WWII Banned

It might be just me, but the bottom side of the dog looks like Greek to me. She might be a good one, but will she be able to produce when the time comes? IMO, I'd take the Izod x Medusa. Should be a nice hard biting dog.

7. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

I would have to go with: "Prospect that has been through school" and I didnt even look at the peds....

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I didnt look at them either!LOL

9. The Watcher

yep, it was a given...

10. lol yeah i think it was a baited question. ;)

11. So most of you all like taking the easy way out, or a shortcut, so to type of? What's wrong with going with a pup from the breedings? If the breeding consists of proven parents/lineage then why not take the chance? So what would your plans be with the young prospect when you get him? Plan future breedings with him because you know he is already proven, take him out, or how about doing the dog again to see if he won't quit on YOU? These dogs have another reason for showing proving themselves and it isn't always because of the genetics in their body, it's also from the love, bond, and relationship the dog has with it's owner. Hypothetically speaking here, what if the dog does quit on you? Are you going to make up some excuse and/or blame the seller for selling you a cull? I know I'm speaking on my opinion alone but I like to know for sure that when I buy or am farmed out a pup that I will do all that I can to show the dog love, devotion, and time with it so that he/she will give back for me when the time comes. And if the dog doesn't work out for me, then I won't feel disappointed with myself knowing that it wasn't in the dog all along, and something that could have worked out if I devoted more time to the animal, and move on. Try giving a cur to a new owner that will give the dog a lot of love and attention from an owner that didn't give enough other than feeding it and see if the won't give the new loving owner more time than the latter before quitting again. All in all, I just believe in a more bonding situation with a dog and it's owner knowing that both the dog and owner both are there for each other in any giving matter.

12. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

13. Attila

Attila Guest

schooled prospect. Ya, and see how it does with them game bred cats.

14. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

if the schooled prospect was show quality then why would they spend the time schooling him and sell? Maybe they had a few littermates that were better and kept them

Was he schooled the way you would have schooled him? Theirs a ton of variables going on here

I wouldnt trust the schooled prospect for sale unless you can see him shut school down with your own eyes before you buy him

I'd go with the 3rd

15. FLpits

FLpits Big Dog

16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I like the way the last one is bred. They only want $300 for the prospect? Sounds like her grades weren't very good in school......

17. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Going by papers alone, personally, I like the first pup. Always had a fondness for the Cottinghams stuff. I'd take a chance on it.

The prospect..... why are they selling her if she's such a good dog? I tend to be wary of what MIGHT be other peoples rejects. I'd rather put the extra time in and do the schooling myself. People have been known to ruin good prospects with improper schooling. Plus, I know jack about the blood.

The last pup......Looks pretty good on paper, it's also a third breeding with apparently good results the first two times. Tends to raise the percentages of getting a good one.

How well do you know the kennel that has these dogs for sale? If your tight with them, I might lean towards the prospect more as you know more about them as dog people. Of course, if you don't know them well, you're taking a chance no matter which you pick.

I still like the Cottinghams stuff though LOL:)

18. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

It is not uncommon for good prospects to be sold. I didnt look at the ped, so didnt see the $300 price tag. That right there throws up a red flag. Aproper prospect should cost a good bit more than a pup.

19. The Watcher

thats a given....

20. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

By papers alone i would go with the first pup, or possibly the 3rd pup. I'm a little confused about the prospect, why would they breed a dog like that, they took proven parents on the top side and bred it to what seems like show bred amstaff's on the bottom, atleast thats what im guessing unless those amstaff's were multi purpose in which case i still wouldn't be quick to jump on that prospect because i have no clue what that amstaff blood is all about